Game freeze after getting to the drop ship in every game

by D4RKBIRD0218

Original Post

Re: Apex legends freeze without crashing.

★★ Novice
@Grimawe Boi i hope they'll solve it soon cause i have it too, and i keep seeing more and more post about this
Message 21 of 170 (1,354 Views)

Re: [UNSOLVED] Apex crashes EVERYTIME on dropship countdown.

★★★★ Novice

UPDATE:

I have talked to EAhelp on Twitter and they asked me to clear the cache of Origin. I also did a clean install of Origin & Apex (again). This DOESN'T solve the problem. It still counts down to 0 and as soon as we are about to drop, the game freezes. NO ERROR BOX POPS UP! I have to force close the game.

Message 22 of 170 (1,453 Views)

Re: Game freezing at gamestart

★ Novice

I also tried the repair function, but it didn't help. I hope they can fix it soon.

Message 23 of 170 (1,452 Views)

Game Freezing in dropship everytime

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hey!

My game is freezing everytime I join a game. Without error! It freezes when I am in the dropship.
I've tried a lot of fixes
- Restarting PC
- Updating my PC
- Updating Drivers
- Repairing the game
- Uninstalling Apex
- Uninstalling Origins
- Changing in-game settings
- Restarting my Internet
- Cleaned my PC
- I looked at sooo many youtube videos and everybody are saying the same things and i've tried them.

PC Specs:
Processor- i5-7400
Memory- DDr4 16 gb
Graphics- GTX 1060 3Gb
Storage- HDD 1tb/SSD 128Gb

Please, can someone help me fix my game!

Message 24 of 170 (1,465 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Raevylle you beat me to the post. Have the exact same issue, tried the same (regular) remedies. Nothing changes it, still 100% crash / freeze after loading into the dropship. (1080 TI)
Rolling back on drivers, reinstalling complete game (origin included) did not fix the issue. Ran NVIDEA drivers from 439 to 442.5. no luck. Downloading 442.59 right now, will let you know if it fixed the problem for me.
Message 25 of 170 (1,510 Views)

Re: Game freeze after getting to the drop ship in every game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Ok i have tried EVERYTHING including running game in lowest possible settings, changed my Network Settings. ALL OF IT. We need to make alot of noise, I suspect its Orgin, SInce it got updated into Version 10.5.65.38147 - 759043. I messed it up for me. SInce i had not issues 2 days ago. I have spent good week farming, no issues.
Now i cannot enjoy ApexFrown

Message 26 of 170 (1,537 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah So far i have done, the following:

Uninstalled the game and re-installed it.

wiped my cache for the game and origin

re-installed origin

Uninstalled the anit cheat software Apex used then click fix install a fresh

Updated drivers for graphics card

installed the game on different drives

turned of in game overlay for discord and origin 

put the graphics settings down to minimum

oh and wasted 2 hours of my time doing all this lol.

Message 27 of 170 (1,515 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue, tried reinstalling, updated video drivers to thew newest one from today for my RTX 2080ti.  Issue started last night when I tried to play, everything the dropship countdown ends my game freezes and I have the kill the task.  Haven't updated anything else on my system since I played the previous day without issue, I was at work all day so first thing I did with my PC was fire up the game.

Message 28 of 170 (1,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Okay, I've been told to add to this thread by twitter support to have more data for them to gather to try and solve this, I guess. 

I'm also having the same issue as the OP, things I have tried below

I've checked and made sure all my Graphics Drivers were fully up to date.

Fresh Re-Install of Origin and Apex Legends. 

"repair game" button twice.

Trying to load into the game with all graphics settings set to low.

Reverting every single skin to "default" , this includes weapons, legends, and even charms.

Checking *and updating* windows update from yesterday.

I ran a Microsoft System File Checker, to repair missing or corrupted system files, which came back as everything normal.

I ran Windows Safety Scanner to try and identify any other problems that could be linked to windows or files on my PC, again, everything came back as normal. 

I use an NVIDIA GTX 1080 and an i7-6700k.

I am still having this issue and have just figured I would wait to see if the next Origin update will either revert or fix whatever happened during the auto update that went through. 

Hope this is enough for you to get data from or something, I don't know. Hopefully y'all can sort this out soon. 

Message 29 of 170 (1,492 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Floatingflip I updated the drivers and it didn't work for me. I did just found a new update for Windows 10 again. Installing that now, hoping it does something. I also had a talk with someone for the EA help desk and they send me some links per email to follow. If those steps resolve the issue I will share it asap. However I do have to download origin & Apex AGAIN after the steps, so it might take a while.
Message 30 of 170 (1,496 Views)