Game freeze/Not responding

by DjHeroCreep

Original Post

Game freeze/Not responding

★★★★★ Novice

So almost after every other game, my game freezes either on "Starting game or while on the legend selection right before the match. I've had 100% cpu usage issues too (but guess thats a different problem which is being addressed.) The freezing started mid season 2.

Pc specs: i5 4670k (non oc) 16gb ram Rx 580 8gb

The game never crashes by itself, i have to close it via task manager and it does not generate a crash dump for me to post it.

Message 1 of 97 (1,822 Views)

Re: Game freeze/Not responding

★★★★★ Novice

Can support help me out here? Its getting frustrating thinking this was going to be fixed for the longest time now. Ive been very patient until now but its just getting out of hand, its killing my passion for the game.

Message 2 of 97 (1,767 Views)

Community Manager

@DjHeroCreep 

Let's get this fixed for you. Can you attach a DxDiag and let us know what type of steps you've taken already? (ex: reinstalling, repairing game in Origin)

Do you overclock and play the game with any programs running in the background like Discord, MSI Afterburner?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 97 (1,759 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry
Hi, i'm sorry i couldn't respond, was busy with work.
Heres my DxDiag
https://pastebin.com/0c2ZaL4Q

I've tried pretty much everything including reinstalling, repairing, moving my game to SSD, changing my ram, reinstalling win10, reinstalling gpu drivers using DDU. setting affinity/priorities.

I play with discord in the background. i do not use Afterburner. I do not overclock my processor/ gpu.
Discord overlay is OFF.
Ingame video settings are turned down to low.

Message 4 of 97 (1,726 Views)

Community Manager

@DjHeroCreep 

Thanks for the DxDiag, I don't see any concerning standing out.

Do you have Origin In-Game disabled under your Origin client's Application Settings? Try disabling that, clean boot your PC, and then launch Origin as administrator by right-clicking on the desktop shortcut.

Let's leave Discord disabled and see if the game launches without a freeze. Under your in-game settings, turning down the Texture Streaming Budget can help with performance too.

If the game runs smoothly, it's possible a program running in the background could be conflicting with the game. 

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 97 (1,689 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry hi, ive already tried all of this before and it hasnt worked out for me, like i said, i pretty much did 99% of whatever available tuts are out there on the forum
Message 6 of 97 (1,669 Views)

Community Manager

@DjHeroCreep 

Have you tried reapplying thermal paste to your processor? 

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 97 (1,651 Views)

Hey @DjHeroCreep 

Can you tell me on what priority Apex Legends in running at the moment?

If it's running on high, try setting it to Normal or Below normal

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 8 of 97 (1,646 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Since i cleaned my pc a month ago, yes ive reapplied thermal compound to my processor.
from what i know, the more cpu intensive games like csgo never gave me these issues, never had a crash playing that game for over 6-7yrs with 10k hours on it. Except maybe a few random crashes.

this game on the other hand, it crashes way too much for me. Im not considering to change my hardware anymore to fix this issue :x
Message 9 of 97 (1,635 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Zeelmaekers Hi, its set to default as 'normal'
Message 10 of 97 (1,634 Views)