Re: Game doesn't launch at all, no error

by wolf109909

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DDevla That's a weird one. maybe try installing a copy of windows 10 on a USB drive and boot into it , see if that changes anything
Message 11 of 21 (839 Views)

★ Apprentice
@wolf109909 I was able to start the game from a Virtual Machine with my whole secondary drive mounted to it and starting the game from there.
Message 12 of 21 (818 Views)

Community Manager
@DDevla Apologies for missing that in your first post, to confirm, going from a VM worked fine?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 13 of 21 (803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_IlliumWith using a 20H2 Windows, yes it worked. But i had issues starting the game on a 1709(which I'm using on my main computer)VM, but that can be some compatibility issue between the VirtualBox guest service and the 1709, can't confirm yet.
Also later this day I'm going to check it with an old hard drive as boot with a clean 20H2 as well as clean 1709.

Message 14 of 21 (780 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DDevla 1709 might be missing some critical runtimes, it is recommend to use direct X repair tool to manually install all versions of vc++ runtime and directX dlls.
Message 15 of 21 (758 Views)

★ Apprentice

@wolf109909 I can't find the tool mentioned, can you please provide a link?
I always use Visual C++ Runtime Installer (All-In-One) to install runtimes, just now I also manually went through every runtime and pressed repair and used the DXSETUP.EXE located in \Apex\__Installer\directx\redist\ to install the dlls manually.
Also booted into a fresh 20H2, installed the drivers, used the link above and the game started on steam just fine.
Also linked a printscreen, maybe you can see any missing runtimes.

Message 16 of 21 (748 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DDevla VC runtime seems fully install on the screenshot. maybe something around the DirectX part is broken. anyways, here is the software I use to address issues around runtimes:
http://www.wolf109909.top/resources/directxrepair.zip
I uploaded it to my own website for convenience, but please tell me if the connection speed is not good. this server has a maximum upload speed of around 500KB/s.
Message 17 of 21 (744 Views)

★ Apprentice
@wolf109909 I'm gonna go away for a hour or two, so if it cost you money to keep it on the server you can safely disable it. I don't wanna waste your money :D , don't worry about the download speed I have seen worst from my ISP during the pandemic.
Also I was able to start the game on a fresh 1709 so the windows version isn't the issue.
Message 18 of 21 (733 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DDevla It's okay. the money running this server is paid by players of my Garry‘s mod community server if you know that game. And I pay it annually so adding files to it doesn't cost any. feel free to download it! if it's too slow I will upload it to public cloud services like one drive or google drive.
Message 19 of 21 (727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Okay, fixed it!
Just for funz I installed the Nvidia driver like I normaly would on the fresh 1709, with NVCleanstall and I got the same problem that I have on my main pc, but now it also gave me an error code (Finally). So I removed it and munually striped the Nvidia driver and everything was working again. Did the same thing on my main PC but I used DDU just for safety measures, and the game finally started.

Conclusion:
F*ck me for being a performance freak and using 3th party&non proprietary softwares and also kinda f- easyanticheat for not giving me an error log in the first place.

Special thanks to @wolf109909 and @EA_Illium for helping me!

Message 20 of 21 (1,496 Views)