Game doesn't launch at all, no error

by DDevla

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game doesn't launch at all, no error

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

After recent update, when I start the game, after the EasyAntiCheat screen dissapears, its shows the hourglass on the mouse for a few seconds then nothing. When I check Task manager it shows r5apex.exe is stuck at 181-184 mb memory usage, 0-0.9 cpu usage and no i/o activity. Even after waiting or force closing the app, it shows no error and I can't seem to find any error log anywhere (or I'm just blind).

I have tried:

• Game repair
  • Reinstalling the game
  • Reinstalling the game on Origin and Steam as well
  • EasyAntiCheat Repair
  • Updating GPU driver
  • Updating c++ Runtime
  • Disabling Windows Firewall/ Defender
  • "Clean boot"
  • sfc /scannow

Setup:
Intel I5 3470
Nvidia Geforce GTX1050
10GB DDR3 RAM
Win 10 x64 Pro 1709 build

Message 1 of 21 (1,184 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game doesn't launch at all, no error

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Okay, fixed it!
Just for funz I installed the Nvidia driver like I normaly would on the fresh 1709, with NVCleanstall and I got the same problem that I have on my main pc, but now it also gave me an error code (Finally). So I removed it and munually striped the Nvidia driver and everything was working again. Did the same thing on my main PC but I used DDU just for safety measures, and the game finally started.

Conclusion:
F*ck me for being a performance freak and using 3th party&non proprietary softwares and also kinda f- easyanticheat for not giving me an error log in the first place.

Special thanks to @wolf109909 and @EA_Illium for helping me!

View in thread

Message 20 of 21 (1,432 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@DDevla To confirm is everything on your device up to date, I know you listed you have an i5, but the DxDiag is not showing a processor (top section).

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 21 (1,118 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium Sorry my bad. Updated the DxDiag.txt
Message 3 of 21 (1,112 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Illium

UPDATE:
After searching for a while, I found program called Process Monitor witch allows you to log file system, Registry and process/thread activity.
After scanning, I saw a sh*t ton of failed call to the DNS Client service, it was disabled. After re-enabling it, the problem changed.

New Problem:
After opening the game it hangs for a few minutes then crashes. On the taskbar it shows a yellow error triangle named "Easy Anti-Cheat". If i click on it, it disappears.
Still no error/log files.

I'm going to get one of my friend's log whose game is working and compare the differences, maybe i can find something useful, until then this is all i have.
I attached the logs they are .csv files you can open them in excel with comma as a separator. (I had to name them .txt becuse I can't upload .csv file here)

Message 4 of 21 (1,067 Views)

Community Manager

@DDevla To check do you have any security software to allow Origin and Apex through? Also are you running any other programs in the background when trying to play?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 21 (997 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_IlliumI dont use any antivirus software, firewall is disabled, windows defender is also disabled. Sent a PS of my usual processes when playing, image is made by Process Hacker, but I tried uninstalling that as well as the modded Discord(Lightcord) cause I know some anti-cheats doesn't like those, but makes no difference.

Message 6 of 21 (983 Views)

Community Manager

@DDevla Can you launch your PC in Clean Boot and see if this makes a difference?

Illium.png

Message 7 of 21 (940 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_IlliumAs stated in the OP I tried Clean Booting my PC, but that was before the recent update, so I tried it again but nothing changed.

Message 8 of 21 (911 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DDevla Hi! I had this issue from time to time. this usually made me wait for 10mins to show the window or it just disappears. later I realized it's kinda related to Origin. try to launch the game with Origin cache cleared. do this: remove "%appdata%/Origin" and "%localappdata%/Origin".
Message 9 of 21 (905 Views)

★ Apprentice

@wolf109909 Thank you for the help, but unfortunately It didn't solve my problem. Also when I first encountered the issue I removed Steam, Origin and Apex as well with Geek Uninstaller, it removes the access BS that some programs leave behind, like the files in %appdata%/registry.

Message 10 of 21 (900 Views)