Game doesn't launch at all (EASY ANTICHEAT BANNER and closing)

by Akhmedzhanov

Original Post

Re: Game doesn't launch at all (EASY ANTICHEAT BANNER and closing)

★★★ Newbie

Anti cheat either picks a random system file and claims it's dodgy, or it claims it has never heard of Apex in the first place.  Any thoughts?

Message 711 of 723 (5,607 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Guys,

People have already mentioned about Origin being the issue but just to confirm that in my case Origin seems to have been the problem with both the game not launching after the Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC) banner and also 'Untrusted system file' error with the Kaspersky file, 'antimalware_provider.dll'

For me the solution was to download a new version of Origin from https://www.origin.com/aus/en-us/store/download.
I can now still run Kaspersky without getting the error message from EAC about the 'Untrusted system file' and now both Plants vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville (PvZ) and Apex Legends work - previously after the EAC splash screen the games tried to open but closed by themselves and disappeared.
I should have realised that Origin was the problem as both PvZ and Apex are within Origin and weren't working with EAC but Fortnite was working with EAC and is not within Origin.

Note: I am running Windows 10 Version 1903 OS build 18362.418 and Kaspersky Total Security 20.0.14.1085(e).

I had previously tried the following options without success:

Specified PvZ and EAC as Kaspersky trusted applications and added their folders to Kaspersky's exclusion list. 
Uninstalled Kaspersky and started the game: the EAC error message didn't appear but the EAC splash screen started as usual and then the game tries to load with the border showing for a second but the game then stops by itself and disappears.

Ran CCleaner, netsh winsock reset, sfc /scannow, etc.

Cleared the cache (https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/)

Set up new Windows admin account.

Uninstalled and reinstalled PvZ, Apex Legends and Kaspersky.

Message 712 of 723 (5,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do i get it out of a "background process"? itll open, run the Anti-cheat banner then its a "background process"

Message 713 of 723 (5,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the  same issue with an i9 9900k, rtx 2080 Super and 16gb ram, it's not a lack of components

Message 714 of 723 (4,963 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, after many hours of trial and error with this issue i found the solution for me.

i had to rename XINPUT1_3.DLL in C:/Windows/System32 and than reinstall DirectX, and after that it started without any problems. Found this our because i had also startup issue with a different Game and they had this as solution. 

Message 715 of 723 (4,914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey all, just wanted to post my findings here. 

I just updated to a new system. With ryzen 3900x and 2080 super. After a fresh win 10 install and moving the Apex folder back, I repaired the installation and updated the game. It did however not run. I only got the anti cheat part, but it would never load the game.

Tried all solutions here, but the only thing that worked, was to change to German language. After that it worked again.

Then I changed it back to English and it's still fine. 

Message 716 of 723 (4,839 Views)

★★★★ Novice

also had this issue where the launcher pops up and then disappears with no error then later on returns to the client. I did all the possible ways to fix this mostly from this forum. but anyways here is how I fixed mine. 

1. Uninstall all MS visual c++ by using third party software (IObit Uninstaller)

2. Install Runtime by using third party software(Techgzone Runtimes) Install all runtime version(2005 - 2017)

3. Delete or move .Dll file in list both 32 and 64 bit

D3DX9_24.DLL until D3DX9_43.DLL
D3DX10.DLL until D3DX10_43.DLL
D3DCompiler_33.DLL until D3DCompiler_43.DLL
D3DX11_42.DLL
D3DX11_43.DLL
D3DCSX_42.DLL
D3DCSX_43.DLL
XACTENGINE2_0.DLL until XACTENGINE2_9.DLL
XACTENGINE3_0.DLL until XACTENGINE3_7.DLL
XAUDIO2_0.DLL
XAUDIO2_1.DLL
XAUDIO2_2.DLL
XAUDIO2_3.DLL
XAUDIO2_4.DLL
XAUDIO2_5.DLL
XAUDIO2_6.DLL
XAUDIO2_7.DLL
XAPOFX1_0.DLL until XAPOFX1_5.DLL
X3DAUDIO1_0.DLL until X3DAUDIO1_7.DLL
XINPUT1_1.DLL
XINPUT1_2.DLL
XINPUT1_3.DLL

4. Install Direct X directly form MS

Message 717 of 723 (4,818 Views)

★ Novice
@RevGunthak i have the same freakin problem. Ea needs to get their head straight TF is wrong with them?

Message 718 of 723 (4,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this work for me add Added xinput1_1.dll, xinput1_2.dll, xinput1_3.dll  as 64bit version to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and as 32bit version to C:\Windows\System32.

Message 719 of 723 (3,945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

why do we need to make all the steps...because ea progr not know hot to make a working game??why we need to make those to play a game??if ea deliver something then need to be playlable from 1st sec. i have same error and in 1st sec i delete the game and origins and all ...still i don.t wanna play a game who not working like ea said ....thx...

update post:.

so i try all steps and nothing work...the anticheat loading and the game not start ...what to do ??

Message 720 of 723 (3,844 Views)