Re: Game doesn't launch at all (EASY ANTICHEAT BANNER and closing)

by 1madmouse

Original Post

★★ Novice

I have the same issue. Tried everything...

Anticheat loading, ending and thats it. Bye bye game.

Message 671 of 723 (3,801 Views)

★★ Novice

POSSIBLE FIX (DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL WORK FOR YOU) FOR THE GAME CLOSING/CRASHING RIGHT AFTER EASY ANTICHEAT LOADING BANNER / YOU HAVE A WHITE SCREEN FOR A FEW SECONDS AND THEN THE GAME CRASHES/CLOSES:

This might sound weird, but during load the game looks at your connected USB devices. Other games also have this issue, a popular other game is the 64-bit version of Dota 2 (So if you have the problem with other games it might fix those as well)

Why it happens I don't really know the details, but if you have many USB devices connected try unplugging them one by one and launch the game to see if it had any effect.  In most cases reported its been a Joystick or a xbox controller, in some instances a USB drive. In my case as I have multiple headsets connected it was the wireless dongle for my headset.

After hours of banging my head, reinstalling the game fixing drivers, uninstalling RGB and GPU controller software, turns out its as easy as just unplugging a device that might be messing something up.

Hope this helps others that are on brand new top of the line HW that might have this problem. 

For reference my specs:

- Z390-I-Gaming Motherboard
- i7-9700k

- RTX2080

- 32GB RAM DDR4

- EVO M4 SSD

Message 672 of 723 (3,780 Views)

★ Apprentice
Like i said change this unhook that disconnect all your stuff and do whatever everyone does, bang head , get frustrated, shout expletives, completely reconfigure your PC so it only plays checkers. Or do nothing, is this game really worth all this stress? Will it be the next big thing better than Fortnite or Player Unknown, or all the best player wins games?
Message 673 of 723 (3,596 Views)

★ Apprentice
I keep getting these e-mails from Answer.ea saying this has been solved when they haven't solved crap.
Message 674 of 723 (3,594 Views)

★ Novice

Fixed by installing Origin in the same Drive(C:\) than Windows. Apex itself is still installed in another drive.

Message 675 of 723 (3,526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue as you all, but now it seems to be solved. It was solved by entering game mode on my eset antivirus.

Hence, I would recommend you guys to either put your AV into game mode or pause the AV for the time being playing APEX Legends.

Hope this would solve your issue and going back to the game!!!

Message 676 of 723 (3,442 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So guys, I have a same problem I was trying to fix it like week or two.

I tried to Reinstall Game, Origin Repair the game, Update the game, boot my PC etc etc, everything u mention.

But all I had to do was.. 

Turn off the ESET internet security firewall Standard smile

Hopefully this could help someone of u 

Message 677 of 723 (3,396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey, I might have a possible solution for everyone with the EAC banner issue. After a lot of frustrating troubleshooting, this seemed to do it for me.

I'm not entirely sure what did it in the end, but since some of you don't seem to have another solution, just try this.

- Exit Origin and Origin WebHelperService (task manager)

- Move your Apex game folder somewhere else (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex\). I moved it to My Documents.

- Now start Origin Games\Apex\__Installer\Cleanup.exe

- Move Apex game folder back to where it's supposed to be

- Open Origin and try to launch the game

Let me know if this did it for any of you guys. If not, I might be able to look into it again and figure out what actually did it.

Message 678 of 723 (3,174 Views)

★ Apprentice

I actually got the game to run and went through the training.  I went to command prompt and entered bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF, then enter,  next bcdedit -set NOINTEGRITYCHECKS OFF,  then enter.  Next reboot,  then start game.  I can't say if this will work for you,  but for me running Windows 7 Ultimate with sp1,  it worked.  Good luck to you all.

Message 679 of 723 (2,876 Views)

★ Guide

@1madmouse What CPU do you have?

Message 680 of 723 (2,865 Views)