Re: Game doesn't launch at all (EASY ANTICHEAT BANNER and closing)

by Sir-Cuckingtion

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

18 Hours but I've never launche the game xD 

Message 281 of 723 (1,278 Views)

★★★ Guide

Damn man, 18 hours! You've been pounding that play button and trying hard with fix suggestions. Angel

Message 282 of 723 (1,257 Views)

★ Apprentice

i believe we all have ive played 6 hours of play button pressing

Message 283 of 723 (1,503 Views)

★★★ Guide

At least if we re-skinned the Play button to the image of a cow, we would be playing a Cow Clicker game.

We don't even have that. Disappointed

Message 284 of 723 (1,493 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seems to be something with Windows 8. I really thought it was a problem with easyanticheat (which it may be), but I decided to just bite the bullet and upgrade to windows 10, and it worked with no problems.

Message 285 of 723 (1,491 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
same issue i7 4790k 16gb ram gtx 980ti windows 10 last update
Message 286 of 723 (1,465 Views)

★★★ Guide

I think most of the folks in this thread were already Windows 10, not Windows 8.1.

It's funny, EA_David is like, "Update your Windows 10! Keep updating until it's the most recent possible!"

Meanwhile, there's a huge controversy over Windows 10 Update 1809 - the newest update you can select, and even Microsoft is blocking the update for many users because it can be so problematic (keeping 90% of users on Update 1803, as the 1809 problems have plagued users since October 2018).

Originally it was deleting people's Documents folder. Yeah, just erasing the contents. Among other problems. Weird and embarrassing for MS.

It's still very fragile territory. A simple Google 'Windows update 1809' search makes it clear.

So, asking all players to keep forcing updates (Microsoft has flagged 1809 as a manual update now) could be a risky proposition.

And it's probably not the actual issue, if 85-90% of Win 10 users are still on update 1803.

Anyway, careful disclaimer.

Message 287 of 723 (1,422 Views)

★ Guide

It is problem with Windows 8/8.1 AND Easy Anti Cheat. I think EAC needs some crucial Windows security updates as they did that to prevent cheaters that were able to bypass EAC in older versions that had some backdoors enabling to use cheat engines - problem is that even some people with Win 10 also have these EAC errors not to mention that there are already cheats over internet available for this game. I also have 7 hours ,,played'' even though Ive never been able to launch the game at all its like Origin registers all activity within games files like repairing,downloading and stuff like that lmao. I am updating my Windows right now if that doesnt help I will just uninstall and wait for patches if they will even bother to fix that because EA's support people are just sliding that and just saying that its because we do not meet ,,requirements'' lol... so yeah we dont reallly have a choice but to wait. They should do something by the way with that along for people with CPUs that dont have SSE 4.1 instructions.

Message 288 of 723 (1,338 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Nope

Message 289 of 723 (1,294 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Couldn't agree more.I talked to their support today and they said that the development team is working on a fix but I didn't see * on twitter though.
Message 290 of 723 (1,276 Views)