Game does not launch on PC

by Dishlex

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game does not launch on PC

★★ Novice

Good afternoon,

When attempting to launch Need For Speed Payback from Origin, nothing occurs.

The orange play button is greyed out as if the game is running, but the game does not launch.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, I have also tried verifying the game files which does not fix the issue.

After waiting for some time, Origin flashes and becomes the active window and the orange play button is no longer greyed out.

I am listening to Warren G - Regulate via Google Play if this is of any consequence.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (1,295 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game does not launch on PC

★★ Novice

Apologies, I had played this game for 70 hours previously.

I was launching the game and letting the computer sit for 5 minutes.

Anyways, as per the EA Community Manager, I disabled AVG Free - This did not resolve the issue.

I entered Add/Remove programs and checked all of the applications I had installed since NFS Payback.

The only one of any significance was Daemon Tools, which, fondly enough, after uninstalling, allowed NFS Payback to launch.

Denuvo checks, I assume.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,733 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Dishlex

Temporarily disable any antivirus or other security software.

Clear your Origin cache as follows: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/

Let us know if either off these steps helps you, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,261 Views)

★★ Guide

If you are asking why the game does not work or boot up, Please post your PC specs.  This helps people troubleshoot/look for an issue. 

How long are you waiting for the game to start?  For me, a black screen is present for 20-40 seconds at times before I see the first image.

Message 3 of 5 (1,256 Views)

★★ Novice

Apologies, I had played this game for 70 hours previously.

I was launching the game and letting the computer sit for 5 minutes.

Anyways, as per the EA Community Manager, I disabled AVG Free - This did not resolve the issue.

I entered Add/Remove programs and checked all of the applications I had installed since NFS Payback.

The only one of any significance was Daemon Tools, which, fondly enough, after uninstalling, allowed NFS Payback to launch.

Denuvo checks, I assume.

Message 4 of 5 (1,734 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
You shouldn't have to uninstall it i think.
I have Deamon Tools and NFS Payback works. However i make sure the program does not run all the time and not startup with my system. When i want to use Deamon Tools i open it myself.
Try to minimize your startup load under Windows Task Manager.

But glad you found the issue Standard smile
Message 5 of 5 (1,226 Views)