Original Post

Re: Game does not launch (PC/Origin)

★ Novice

BUMP. AND DON'T TELL ME IT'S MY CPU EA, I HAVE AN I7

Message 11 of 52 (2,655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same problem here. When I run the game "STAR WARS™ Battlefront™" pops up in Task Manager for a couple of seconds and then disappears. After that Origin displays a message that "A new version of Origin is ready" and prompts me to restart the program. I do that and... nothing... I'm back to square one.

I have the latest version of DirectX (also because I'm using Win10 I don't really have any control over system updates) and my PC is definitely powerful enough to run the game. I have some vague recollection of encountering something similar with Battlefield 1, but I can't remember what I did to resolve the issue. It almost feels like it kinda resolved itself eventually.

Update:

After messing around with some things (deleted the Origin folder from Program Data (which did nothing), then tried to run Battlefront 2 from browser (Chrome)) I eventually got the game to start downloading some kind of 17.52Mb patch (at very slow speed) and now it's stuck at 100%. The icon says that download is complete, but I can't run the game. I'll try to repair it (again) now and if that won't work I guess I'll resort to reinstalling Origin...

Update 2:

After running OriginThinSetup it prompted me to update Origin and I did just that instead of reinstalling it (for now at least). As a result I'm now getting an error message when trying to run Battlefront 2 that says something like "the game is installed in a language that you are not entitled to play". I live in Russia and game properties say that the game is also in Russian (and I can't select any other language) so it should be okay (right?). Origin is in English though, so I changed it to Russian as well - which did nothing. Well, my system locale is Japanese and windows is set to USA region (what a mess, I know), but I'd rather not touch those settings.

Update 3:

Reinstalled Origin to system drive (didn't help) then reinstalled the game and NOW IT'S PLAYABLE. Something tells me that my case was a bit special though, so I'm not sure if any of the above could help someone.

Message 12 of 52 (2,632 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think I had this same problem, but I was able to fix it this morning after viewing the Origin logs.

First of all, I have been playing the game since late Monday night (when it when live).  Last night (Thursday), it would no-longer start.  I would start the game, but would never get a window displayed, though the game was shown in the task manager.  I did a repair, delete-reinstall origin, windows update, etc, and nothing worked.

When deleting Origin, I found its log files in C:/ProgramData/Origin/Logs.  I looked at the startwarebattlefrontii log, and saw the following regularly:

INFO 08:40:04 AM (5999) 11828         DXGIHook.cpp:  861 DXGIHook::Setup(force long wait: 0)

When I looked in the OriginCLientService_Log.txt though, I saw something useful -- an error:

156 [2017-11-17 15:40:04.078] Event Origin::Escalation::IPCServer::newDataAvailable 9964 Received data: DeleteDirectory
C:/ProgramData/Electronic Arts/EA Services/License/1035052_cached.dlf

**157 [2017-11-17 15:40:04.079] Error Origin::Escalation::CommandProcessorWin::deleteDirectory 9964 Failed to delete directory in escalation service, error was: 124

I logged out and quit the Origin client, manually deleted the cached license, restarted origin, and the game booted fine.

I would suggest looking in that log and seeing if you have that same issue.

Message 13 of 52 (2,566 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If this happens to you, then you have a problem in your system or try reinstall or you just need better components( Mainboard, CPU....). This too happened to me, but i loaded , but i couldnt load the battlefield.

Message 14 of 52 (2,560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you quiznoaz! Finally! That worked for me. Thank you so much! Standard smile

Message 15 of 52 (2,557 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same game wont start at all

Message 16 of 52 (2,463 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Lucky. My directory was empty. No file to delete. No log either.

Message 17 of 52 (2,388 Views)

★ Apprentice

BUMP. EA we still waiting...

Message 18 of 52 (2,338 Views)

★★ Novice

same here. win10 user, screen stuck but loading circle keeps going. 

Message 19 of 52 (2,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOsSTOExVzc

i found this, but im in work right now. Anyone can try it and let us know if it works. BUT PLEASE BE CAREFUL! This is not trust source i just found it by google.

Message 20 of 52 (2,291 Views)