Game do not open after patch 1.2

by Hoth24_YT

Original Post

Re: GAME DO NOT OPEN AFTER PATCH 1.2

★★★★ Novice

I did a clean boot to see if there is any interference from other programs but that wasn't the case. I also deleted the "starwarsbattlefrontii.exe" and repaired the game but again nothing happened. With everything that we all tried today, I would conclude that there is an issue with the patch itself and EA needs to work it out on their side

Message 71 of 129 (484 Views)

Re: Game do not open after patch 1.2

★★★ Novice

Game won't start, just pop up Origin?

Message 72 of 129 (480 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Im reinstaling origin and game and i will test
Message 73 of 129 (444 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Ok guys i reinstaled origin and the game. Same issue. Please fix this asap. Patch 1.3 needed.
Message 74 of 129 (610 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Hoth24_YT installing the game again is practically the only thing I haven't tried. Let us know the result

Message 75 of 129 (607 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
It didnt help with new origin reinstall. We need new patch 1.3 or something
Message 76 of 129 (604 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@ReyIsBae1989 I already re-downloaded and reinstalled bf2 and the issue remained.

Message 77 of 129 (594 Views)

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (1.2 Update) A BigFlop for PC Gamers GAME DOESNT OPEN!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This all took place at around 4:30 AM E.S.T. Monday Feb. 19. 2018
Prior to totally uninstalling my Star Wars Battlefront 2 game, (after installing the 1.2 update) the game wouldn't open. The game wouldn't even start after rebooting my PC. I checked my Windows 7 Programs & Features list to see If Star Wars Battlefront version number was updated. This was the updated version number displayed after the 1.2 update was installed:

Star Wars Battlefront 2 v.1.0.15.59490 - Shouldn't the PC version number be something like v.1.2 after the update??

Since the game didn't open on my first attempt, I rebooted my PC & tried to restart the game again. Origin would open but Star Wars Battlefront 2 wouldn't open, so, I totally uninstalled Star Wars Battlefront 2 from my PC & completely installed it again from Origin. After the update was completed I went to my Origin library & right clicked Star Wars Battlefront 2, then clicked Update game & a pop up said the following:

YOU'RE ALL SET - STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II: Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition is up to date.

Within Windows 7 Programs & Features, Star Wars Battlefront 2 appears listed as version number v.1.0.15.59490 The game continues not to open. Nothing has changed since reported.

Message 78 of 129 (407 Views)

★ Apprentice
Doesn't launch for me either, literally no error message or anything. Did a complete reinstall of the game, updated drivers, uninstalled the latest windows update, and nothing fixes it. I click "Play", the button goes dark for a second like the game is launching, then the button flashes back to the regular "Play" like the game didn't even launch.
Message 79 of 129 (562 Views)

Re: MEGA THREAD - GAME DO NOT OPEN AFTER PATCH 1.2

★ Apprentice

I have restarted the pc several times and ran the repair option. Just get nothing. Shows in task manager at around 156000 K and crashes. Only seeing the program in task manager, is my indication something has happened and crashed. I had error code 201, 2 or 3 times before it crashed.

Message 80 of 129 (533 Views)