Re: Game crashing while playing

by ragnarok013

Original Post

Game crashing while playing

★ Novice

Whenever I am playing, 9 out of 10 times the game will eventually crash. Sometimes it happens all the time, sometimes it doesn't. I've had two types of crashes:

1. The game just shuts down and Origin opens up (no error code or anything)

2. The game gives an error mentioning that this is probably because the video card was disconnected

Any help on how to fix this would be great.

PC specs are:

ASRock A320M Pro4

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

NVIDIA GTX1060 3GB

128GB SSD

1TB HDD (game is installed here)

Message 1 of 6 (653 Views)

★★ Guide
Hello @LouisSikkes

Something big I would try is just simply uninstall Battlefield 1 and then try to re-install it and see how that works. Also uninstalling Origin and re-installing it could also maybe do the trick. Come back and tell us how these options work for you!

Thanks, Zoie
Message 2 of 6 (644 Views)

★ Novice

I've reinstalled both Origin and Battlefield 1 but as soon as I started it up I got the same error again. I screenshotted it:

bf_error.png

Message 3 of 6 (582 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

That direct error has been going onfor a long time for a lot of people. There are some stuff that help for some people and not for others.

Check this thread at the offical forums forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/38131/directx-function-error

For me it comes and goes, one thing that seems to help is to get in and open up my case and pull the cards out and clean the dust out.

Another time I updated the bios and it stopped. .. for a while, then came back.

It happened to me the other night again, i pulled out mu psu andcleaned all the contacts (i had a feeling it is a power issue maybe) and updated the bios to the latest it so far it has hellped (touch wood)

Its one of those errors that no one can find a reason why or a permanent fix for for everyone. 

Its very frustrating.

Message 4 of 6 (570 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've deleted the update KB4284835, and it's working without problems at the moment. I hope this is it.

Message 5 of 6 (552 Views)

@jezero66 wrote:

I've deleted the update KB4284835, and it's working without problems at the moment. I hope this is it.

This is the solution to the current crashing problem as per @StarscreamUK from the BF forums.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 6 of 6 (542 Views)