Game crashing for no known reason

by AGrimWolf562

Original Post

Game crashing for no known reason

★ Novice

Every time i try to play Apex i am able to play for a different amount of time (sometimes it will be 1 game other times it will be 3) but while i'm playing it will freeze my whole PC to which i then have to restart it. I have already updated all drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled and repaired game files twice. I have contacted EA and it wasn't much help so if anyone else has any ideas let me know 

Message 1 of 7 (440 Views)

Re: Game crashing for no known reason

Community Manager

Hey @AGrimWolf562

Could you send us a DxDiag when you've got a chance? For more details on how to grab one check out the EA Help site

Please attach the file to this thread once you've been able to bring it up. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 7 (384 Views)

★ Novice

Here

Message 3 of 7 (341 Views)

Community Manager

@AGrimWolf562 

Got it, thanks!

When you have a chance could you try setting up a Clean Boot on your PC to see if that helps at all with the crashes? If there's something else running on the PC that could be causing this that may help get around it. 

For more details on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you can. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 7 (258 Views)

★ Novice

I did this and it did not work

Message 5 of 7 (243 Views)

Community Manager

@AGrimWolf562 

Thanks for giving it a shot. 

Do you have Apex Legends installed on the same drive as the Origin client itself, or is it on a different storage device? If it is on a different drive can you try moving it over to the same drive to see if that helps? I've seen some cases where having the client installed on a different drive can cause some weird issues. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 7 (216 Views)

★ Novice

They are installed on the same drive

Message 7 of 7 (206 Views)