Game crashing after Holiday Celebration Update December 14, 2020

by SalixCat

Original Post

Re: Crash event logs/stack trace

★★★★ Novice

Happening to me too and others from what I gathered on various social media platforms.  A lot of folks can’t get into their game

Message 10 of 110 (629 Views)

Re: Cannot open sims mobile

★★★★ Novice

It’s happening to a lot of people including myself

Message 11 of 110 (880 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also am having this problem

Message 12 of 110 (749 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm just replying here so that my player ID is recorded as one of those who gets affected by this current crash after the update. Player ID 1003552461259. SimGuruJack has my Player ID too and have passed it on to the team. Cheers everyone, hopefully this will be fixed soon Standard smile

Message 13 of 110 (712 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m also experiencing the same issue. All was fine after update. I completed relationship events at household so I could begin event. I ordered the 9.99 explorer pack, tried to enter event afterward. The crashing began at that point. Now game doesn’t load even after doing all troubleshooting for i0s. Not sure how long this will take to resolve but now regret buying pack for sure. Compensation should be given to those who purchased this pack and are missing days of the event. 

Message 14 of 110 (710 Views)

★ Novice
@SalixCat I'm having the same issue and i followed all troubleshooting steps but it changed nothing
Message 15 of 110 (708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem! Since the latest update, I got to play for a bit and when I tried to open the app again, it just kept crashing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app... I've also restarted my phone and updated the software. Still kept crashing. Please help! I've tried all the troubleshooting options possible. 

Message 16 of 110 (699 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. For around 18 hours now, after updating my game, I was unable to enter the game at all as it crashed right after the loading screen. I’ve reported this to EA Help & also reached out on Twitter yesterday. 
Tried all the iOS troubleshooting tips, including deleting & reinstalling the app with download of saved game from cloud (tried this twice), but still unable to open the app as it crashes right after loading screen. 
EA Help live chat Case # 70823198.

@ SimGuruJack also has my player ID via DM on Twitter. 

Message 17 of 110 (700 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem for me. On both devices. Have logged a case. 

Message 18 of 110 (687 Views)

★ Novice
@SalixCat I have the same problem going on ,on both my iPhone and iPad. No fix mentioned helped unfortunately
Message 19 of 110 (685 Views)