Game crashes to desktop without error: July 27-2022 patch

by IamKayRaw

Original Post

Re: Can't launch game after last update

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_DavidCan you please help my case ? After the latest 450mb updated, my game dont launch after the EasyAntiCheat banner finish. I already reinstalled the game, verified the file, update latest driver but its still not working. Before the update everything were perfect. (Im on Steam-PC)
My specs: R5-3600/6600XT/16GB RAM 3200HZ.

Message 41 of 365 (2,638 Views)

Re: Game crashes to desktop without error: July 27-2022 patch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Also having this issue. It seems to crash my entire computer on Steam when it goes out.

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

Windows 10 Pro 64bit (10.0, Build 19044)

X570 AORUS 

DirectX 12

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090

Message 42 of 365 (2,692 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_David David, the game may state that the user is active but there's nothing but a desktop screen for all of us...
My friends list for example says I am ingame, but I am not.
Friends have been having the same issue, however they gave up earlier before, I haven't.
I recommend you guys revert back to the previous installment until you figure out what went wrong with this 450mb update. Stop telling us the same garbage advice, we have tried EVERYTHING.
Message 43 of 365 (2,738 Views)

Re: Error on launch since update

★★★★ Novice

Maybe this thread will help someone: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Apex-Fails-to-Launch-on-Windows-7-Since-27th-July/m-p/11675015...

Installing KB4534314 fixed the error for me, but the game stopped launching after that updated.

Message 44 of 365 (2,774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_DavidSorry for the REALLY long delay. Had to install Origin just to download Apex, try the game, it worked fine before the game got updated on Origin, and now it doesn't (new AC update).
So now your game doesn't work on Steam and Origin. I did all i could, the only way i could see this fixed would be to uninstall all my programs, and i'm not going there.

Message 45 of 365 (2,712 Views)

Community Manager

@PilkConnoisseur Ah, thank you for clarifing about the updated Origin. 

@HateMachine420 From my side I can see when a match is started as opposed to just logging in, and as you say, the majority of folks reporting this are not actually getting into matches. 

We do have one confirmed conflict with Ctrl2Cap, hopefully we can find others. 

If you think you may have Ctrl2Cap, please check the post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Steam-Game-Does-Not-Launch-Since-July28-Update/m-p/11675603/hi...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 46 of 365 (2,692 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_David Nope, don't use that app. Tried launching the game with no specific app on (Discord, LGHub, Steelseries GG, etc) still didn't work on both platforms.
So the game as been out for 2 days on Steam, and now on Origin.
I tried all the possible solutions to no avail. waiting for a rollback now
Message 47 of 365 (2,684 Views)

Game crashes to desktop without error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

https://youtu.be/gszQEXngpkg Video how to crash the game
I was looking for how to fix it, they said that the problem is in the settings of the sight, I no have the launch settings, as you can see on the video, are empty and there is no cfg, but in the game I have changed the sight, updated Windows, updated the video card driver, reinstalled the game, deleted all files associated with the apex , checked the integrity of the files, reinstalled the anti-cheat and nothing helped

Message 48 of 365 (2,626 Views)

Game won't start after update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

2022.07.28origin and STEAM can not run updated game trial run and replacement equipment including graphics card can not run please official repair repair, thank you

[CM Edit: Updated title] 

Message 49 of 365 (1,855 Views)

Re: Game crashes to desktop without error: July 27-2022 patch

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. After the patch the game won't open after the anticheat window. Both on Origin and on Steam. SPEC: Windows 11 Intel i5-8300H gtx 1050ti

Message 50 of 365 (2,553 Views)