Game crashes to desktop without error: July 27-2022 patch

by IamKayRaw

Original Post

Re: Game crashes to desktop without error: July 27-2022 patch

Community Manager

I appreciate you following up!

If you haven't already, can you try repairing or reinstalling Easy Anti-Cheat to see if that makes any difference? For more info check out the Easy Anti-Cheat website

Let me know if you're still running into crashes after that. Thanks again. 

Kent.png
Message 21 of 365 (6,407 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent All of the methods provided in this forum has been tested.
All of EasyAntiCheat guidelines on their website has also been tested.
Sorry for the incorrect info, according to steam the game was updated yesterday and not today.

App ID: 1172470
Build ID: 9195762
Installed content updated: Jul 27, 2022 at 10:36 PM

I'm based in Sweden and the time zone is (GMT+2).
When was the patch released today?
Message 22 of 365 (6,378 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had the same problem with the game on Steam. After removing and reinstalling the game it still failed. Eventually installed the game via Origin and was able to play. Unfortunately, another patch was released today and it broke my origin version of the game. With both versions of the game screwed, I feel it has nothing to do with my system.
I watched a video where they said a new version of the anti cheat was released and later rolled back. Not sure if all of this is related to that.
Does any body know, how we can read/open the crash dump files? Tried to open it in a text editor and it was futile.

Message 23 of 365 (6,348 Views)

Re: Apex PC Crash No Error

★★ Apprentice

I can't even launch the game.

Update was around 430+mbs, since then it cuts right to desktop.
Nothing specified however a family member who also has the game installed with current update on a separate computer can play the game no issue.

This seems to be case specific to possibly the hardware or an inconsistency in comparability.
I'm running windows 7 btw if that means anything.

Message 24 of 365 (4,464 Views)

Re: Error on launch since update

I received same error, it's something to do with the steam client doing a random update.  Sometimes I can play and sometimes I can't, uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and worked fine for a day and same error again when steam did its little update.  Followed the instructions on the System File Checker and "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." but I'm not going to uninstall and then reinstall Apex Legends every time I want to play it.

Message 25 of 365 (4,537 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Already did that + all of the above aside from reinstalling a 60+gb game........
I heard that they recently updated anti cheat, but people are getting hit with all types of false positives apparently. lol
This is probably one of the issues, they just screwed thousands of random ppl over for not having "compliant" hardware.

Message 26 of 365 (4,422 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Kent It is still crashing today. Bizarrely, I tried playing via Origin (instead of Steam) and it worked yesterday ... and now does not work today, i.e., crashes in both Steam and Origin.

DxDiag from yesterday and today attached.

PS - i gather from @IamKayRaw's thread a patch hit Steam yesterday and Origin today, so that seems like the culprit. 

Message 27 of 365 (4,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@XHelperZMany thanks. I added the DxDiag. Re sound there is no beep or other warning apart from a stutter in the audio followed quickly by a screen freeze and a crash back to desktop. I've also added the db files here.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 28 of 365 (4,411 Views)

Champion

@EA_Kent

Various users from reddit to discord servers are reporting this crash, they've tried many fixes and nothing seems to fix it.

A general theme seems to follow that they're using Win11.

As for the other users in this thread, I'll probably get around checking your files tommorow.

Message 29 of 365 (4,378 Views)

Re: Error on launch since update

★★★★★ Novice

I did a manual install of KB4534310 and could now start the game but have microstutter that I did not have before that make the game unplayable.

I hope they do find the problem in the anticheat software because I do belive some change made to it is causing this.

As a strong supporter of anticheat I hope it also works better than today, because this great game is unfortunatly riddled with cheaters.

Message 30 of 365 (4,400 Views)