Re: r5apex.exe - Application Error (0xc0000005)

by omb_Azr1el

Original Post

Re: Game crashes to desktop without error: July 27-2022 patch

★★ Apprentice

nothing in patch notes saying they fixed the eac problem. bro if we have to go a whole season without apex im done 

Message 261 of 365 (1,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yup.

I've done everything to make this damn game work. Updated to the most recent patch today with the release of the season 14, and the game still crashes for me after being up for a bit. So, let me tell my story.

The Problem: Apex Legends crashes 55 seconds after game launch

Yes, the game crashes precisely 55 seconds after the game launch. Time measured starts the after the EAC splash screen, the moment the game enters exclusive full screen mode. No matter what I do, once the game has launched it will crash 55 seconds precisely afterwards. Be it on the login page, the lobby, the firing range, it doesn't matter *what* I'm doing when it crashes, it just will. Always 55 seconds after game launch, as measured by me well over 20 times now.

What I've Done To Resolve This Issue (In Rough Order Steps Were Taken)

1) Verified the integrity of the game files (Steam); all files verified, no problems. Game crashes after 55 seconds.

2) Deleted Apex Legends and downloaded it again. Game crashes after 55 seconds.

3) Deleted my config file (video settings, input settings, etc) game crashes after 55 seconds. 

4) Reinstalled my graphics drivers (Nvidia). Game still crashes after 55 seconds.

5) Uninstalled my graphics drivers, restarted my computer, installed my graphics drivers, restarted my computer. Game crashes after 55 seconds.

6) At this point, I did a buch of other small things but this was 3 days ago and I don't remember, so onto step 7

7) Wiped windows (completely, from scratch) and installed a fresh install of Windows 10. Downloaded Apex Legends, launched game. Game did *not* crash after 55 seconds. Wowza!

8) Downloaded msi afterburner, rivatuner statiscs server, soundpad, and voicemod. Installed those applications, restarted computer.

9) Launched Apex, game crashes after 55 seconds

10) Uninstalled each of the individual programs listed here one by one, launching Apex each time. Nothing changed, game crashes after 55 seconds.

11) Restarted computer, launched Apex Legends on a machine that has NOTHING but the default windows utilities installed and STEAM. Game crashes after 55 seconds.

12) Did the very dangrous very stupid thing that people here were suggesting because it was a fresh install and I have nothing to lose; moved random driver files within the System32 folder somewhere else. Game works! Doesn't crash after 55 seconds! Wowza! I play Apex Legends for around two days happy that I can play my favorite game again despite the sheer amount of crap I had to deal with to get here. Do you all think it's reasonable to expect your end users to do all of this? Do you really?

13) Power goes out at my house yesterday, 8/8/22. Forcing the computer to turn off for the first time since the game successfully worked during Step 12. Game now crashes after 55 seconds again.

14) I do all of the steps from 1-12 over again. Nothing fixes the problem. Game crashes after 55 seconds.

15) I install Windows 11 just for fun, because at this point I have nothing to lose. Game crashes after 55 seconds.

16) Reseat GPU. Game still crashes after 55 seconds.

17) Remove GPU and attempt to run the game on integrated graphics (Intel). Game crashes before reaching the lobby, but STILL crashes 55 seconds after the game launched.

18) Put GPU back in, game crashes after 55 seconds.

19) Update to Apex Legends Season 14 Hunted. Game crashes after 55 seconds.

So that's that. I've wasted at this point well over eight hours of my life attempting to fix an issue taking steps so drastic that no sane person should be expected to take for ONE game that's not working properly. 

Respawn, please fix.

Minor Update:

I have since wiped Windows 11 and reinstalled it from scratch all over again, and the game still crashes after 55 seconds. I beg someone at Respawn to please take notice of this issue and to at least say that it's something on your radar that you're aware of.

Message 262 of 365 (1,374 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@omb_Azr1el i am very frustrated This studio is always so slow to deal with those bugs Also doesn't respond to player feedback now This studio really let me down I thought this patch update would fix it, so disappointed
Message 263 of 365 (1,350 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Jordbaermelk If you moved a driver and the game worked, it makes me think that this might be related to sketchy drivers. Did you try running Autoruns to see if you have any unverified drivers? I posted something that fixed the game for me after updating some drivers. It's worth a shot, on top of all the crap you've already had to go through.
Message 264 of 365 (1,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Well it has been two weeks now since I posted the issue and still no repose from EA.

I’ve tried all troubleshooting steps provided in this thread and all in community forums nothing has helped.

Season 14 update didn’t fix this issue either, game still crashes after 1 minute…..

Luckily I have a second system and game works on that device otherwise I would 100% uninstall the game and move on.

It’s a super crazy fact to me that an issue on this level gets ignored for more than 2 weeks…..The game is unplayable on multiple systems for a lot of people what is this?

With this garbage support from EA I assume that the issue is not even acknowledged by the developers.

Message 265 of 365 (1,157 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@jigglybobbies I already tried booting the game off an entirely clean install of Windows 10 and Windows 11. There are no drivers that are unverified because the only drivers installed on the system come form Microsoft and Nvidia/Intel. I checked the autoruns anyway before I started this long process and there were no unverified drivers.
Message 266 of 365 (1,080 Views)

★ Apprentice

We were told it would be fixed before the new season, now there is a major update and it's still not fix. Many of us have spent lots of money on this game and to have no response or help from Respawn is ridiculous. We need a formal response and a Hot-Fix update today!

Message 267 of 365 (1,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The topic dedicated to the issue where the game would not even launch is now locked, and both bugs are supposed to be discussed here instead, I guess. That makes no sense to me and only adds to the confusion.

The last response in that topic is

"This tends to be due to a local conflict. If you check this thread you may find some helpful troubleshooting steps."

Suggesting that people do workarounds such as messing with driver files' location should not be the solution to this issue. Instead, what you need to do is either provide a fix, or make the game provide any kind of relevant information as to why the game cannot be launched instead of just silently crashing.

This is ridiculous.

Message 268 of 365 (1,038 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i got back in. i uninstalled origin and apex and redownload the game when update was out. ill let you know if i start crashing again but for now im playing again ! i also uninstalled aoemi backup or whatever its called last night have no idea if that had anything to do with it working now. but i'll let u guys know if i start crashing again

Message 269 of 365 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does anyone have a suggestion that would be more worth our time and money to play? Open to anything..

Message 270 of 365 (1,276 Views)