Game crashes to desktop on the squad spawn screen during CS games.

by GoneAFKaney

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes to desktop on the squad spawn screen during CS games.

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Game crashes to desktop on the squadmate spawn screen during CS games. Game freeze frames for a few seconds and then crashes to desktop without an error message . Happened three times in about 6 hours of playing capital supremacy for the first time. Love the game mode but it sucks that this happens especially at the end of long games.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? GoneAFKaney
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 29/05/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 00:50 BST on 29/05/2019 and previously at 20:00-21:00 BST on 28/05/2019
In what game mode did the bug occur? Capital Supremacy
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Capital Supremacy, crash occurs randomly on the squad spawn screen. It's happened three times in my first six hours playing the game mode. I am using i7 7700k 16gb ram, gtx 1050ti, and have dx 12 enabled
What happens when the bug occurs? The squad spawn screen freezes for a few seconds (unresponsive) and then the game crashes to desktop without an error report.
What do you expect to see? The game to continue playing.
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Gtx 1050ti

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Game crashes to desktop on the squadmate spawn screen during CS games. Game freeze frames for a few seconds and then crashes to desktop without an error message . Happened three times in about 6 hours of playing capital supremacy for the first time. Love the game mode but it sucks that this happens especially at the end of long games.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? GoneAFKaney
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 29/05/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 00:50 BST on 29/05/2019 and previously at 20:00-21:00 BST on 28/05/2019
In what game mode did the bug occur? Capital Supremacy
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Capital Supremacy, crash occurs randomly on the squad spawn screen. It's happened three times in my first six hours playing the game mode. I am using i7 7700k 16gb ram, gtx 1050ti, and have dx 12 enabled
What happens when the bug occurs? The squad spawn screen freezes for a few seconds (unresponsive) and then the game crashes to desktop without an error report.
What do you expect to see? The game to continue playing.
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Gtx 1050ti

Message 1 of 11 (1,817 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashes to desktop on the squad spawn screen during CS games.

★ Novice
  • I did a clean install on my external hard drive and no more issues, thanks for your help.

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (1,767 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @GoneAFKaney 

Can I ask if you've tried to delete the STAR WARS Battlefront II folder from your documents to make sure that we're not dealing with a corrupted settings file here?

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 11 (1,712 Views)

★ Novice
I did it. I also ran repair in origins and nothing was found.It keeps kicking me out till now. Please fix it its very annoying. my computer specs are:AMD Ryzen 5 2600 16 gb ram gtx 1660ti oc edition
Message 3 of 11 (1,661 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've also been facing this issue, but much more frequently (6 to 9 out of 10 times I start the game. I have tried deleting the config file, clean install, etc. Upon crashing, the game generates a crash dump file which always reads the same error "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access. 0xC0000005"

It'd be great if this could be fixed cause it ruins most of my games at this point.
Message 4 of 11 (1,648 Views)

Community Manager

@nick_the_spirit  @Batwx_ 

Can you upload DxDiag reports for us so we can look at your system specs? I also have some PC troubleshooting steps below if you wanted to give those a shot.

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 11 (1,606 Views)

★ Novice

sorry for not responding i time but i didnt see your response. here is my dxdiag

Message 6 of 11 (1,540 Views)

Community Manager

@nick_the_spirit 

Have you tried deleting the Battlefront folder as mentioned earlier or tried reinstalling the game? I know reinstalling is not ideal but we've seen it have a lot of success. If you're overclocking and/or using afterburner, try a clean boot to see if it's a program conflicting in the background.

How to Clean Boot

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 11 (1,535 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry I had just done that recently and still had a crash. Though it had one update since then.
Message 8 of 11 (1,530 Views)

Community Manager

@-DW-GarthRevan 

Can you attach your DxDiag as well? 

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 11 (1,523 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Sure. Happily attached in pm Standard smile
Message 10 of 11 (1,492 Views)