Game crashes on start-up. Couldn't initialize sound.

by 7j0ng7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes on start-up. Couldn't initialize sound.

★★★ Newbie

Apex Legeds. Right as the game loads, it crashes with this error:
(12.026) Couldn't initialize sound.

Please make sure you have a sound playback device that is enabled and properly configured.

Failed in: MilesProjectWaitForLoad

Miles output follows:
Loaded file 'audio\ship\audio.mprj' isn't a project.

This is the first time I downloaded Apex legends on PC. I sought help from other sources, but no solution was concluded.

My sound driver is AMD High Definition Audio Device. My speakers and my other playback devices are set on 16 bit, 44100 hz (CD quality). 

Message 1 of 13 (12,757 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashes on start-up. Couldn't initialize sound.

Community Manager

Hey @AyYuhAy

Thanks! 

Let's take a look and see if we can help get this fixed here. First, have you had a chance to try repairing Apex Legends in Origin to see if that helps at all? If there's an issue with the game data that might help fix this. 

If you right-click on the game in your Origin library you'll see a Repair option when the menu comes up. Let me know if that helps. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 13 (12,576 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @7j0ng7

What sort of troubleshooting have you already had the chance to try since this started happening? 

Also, when you have the chance could you grab a DxDiag and post it here so we can take a look? For more details on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website. Once you have the file please attach it to this thread. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 13 (12,636 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem as above, here is my dxdiag on sound devices and some other stuff, i'm fairly new at this stuff so just let me know if you need anything else. Thank you!

Message 3 of 13 (12,591 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @AyYuhAy

Thanks! 

Let's take a look and see if we can help get this fixed here. First, have you had a chance to try repairing Apex Legends in Origin to see if that helps at all? If there's an issue with the game data that might help fix this. 

If you right-click on the game in your Origin library you'll see a Repair option when the menu comes up. Let me know if that helps. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 13 (12,577 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent The repair through Origin has seemed to fix it, thank you for your help
Message 5 of 13 (12,564 Views)

Community Manager

@AyYuhAy 

You're welcome! Thanks for coming back and letting me know it helped. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 13 (12,551 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having this issue on Xbox One. I’ve tried everything I’ve read and still nothing is helping this crash

Message 7 of 13 (12,436 Views)

Community Manager

@xbrighthazex 

You're getting the same "couldn't initialize sound" error on Xbox One? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 13 (12,365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

this just happened to me as i moved from PS4 to PC when apex was ready to launch it was loading in but right before i reach the main menu it would show an error i dont know what to do    i am currently trying to reinstall it

Message 9 of 13 (12,280 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Kineticpepper16

Did you have a chance to finish reinstalling? Are you still getting the same error? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 13 (12,211 Views)