Re: Game crashes my Xbox Series X

by lionking7001

Original Post

Message 321 of 421 (505 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

We are having the shutdown issues on two different Xbox Series X machines, we are also up to date with the Xbox insider updates. Crashes run at about a 50% chance in each match. I am also concerned that until its fixed this issue (thermal load protection, or whatever) might be able to damage the Xbox, especially given its next to impossible to get one (or get one repaired). Until there is a fix I won't be playing.

Message 322 of 421 (492 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm on the Insider  Alpha Skip Ahead ring for Xbox and only had 1 crash with console shutting down since the game is available, it was on the first day. So I might already have the patch (alpha skip gets a new patch every 2 or 3 days, much faster than Omega) and it seems to work.

But if I don't crash the console, after around 2 hours of gameplay I start to have some huge FPS drops (slideshow style), starts mostly when I'm in a vehicle but keeps happening also when going out of it (would guess it drops around 20fps). Once it happens I need to quit the game and restart it to make it disappear.

Message 323 of 421 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@xXGugusseXxHow do you get on Alpha Skip, I can't see any options for rings when I fire up insider on the Xbox, should I do doing its via a browser?

Message 324 of 421 (597 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

My Xbox series X doesn't crash totally but I have serious problems with rubberband and stuttering-lag. The concole is struggling to keep the game running at all. 

Message 325 of 421 (589 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can load the game and play for two minutes it freezes and sends me back to the home screen

Message 326 of 421 (584 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@OnionSourceI think that Alpha Skip is only under invitation and you need to have a certain rank, answered many surveys and reported various bugs (I'm in the Insider program since day one, so I'm really not sure it's still working like that).

Message 327 of 421 (575 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@lionking7001 I have noticed this, I have had a few instances where you spawn into a capture point with lots of players and explosions and the whole game goes to 1 FPS and stays like that until you exit / restart.
Message 328 of 421 (574 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@xXGugusseXx Ah so thats not going to help me, well hopefully they get a fix out soon before the game goes fully Anthem / Cyberpunk.
Message 329 of 421 (570 Views)

★★★ Guide
@lionking7001 Got the same thing. Is it happening to you randomly or does it happen after quite some time playing ? Looks that for me it usually happens after 2h of gameplay.
Message 330 of 421 (570 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help