by Nikoma1991

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes instantly or within 5 minutes - unplayable since Firestorm patch

★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080 on a 75Hz 2560x1440 display.
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Any menu after 10 seconds up to 5 minutes
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? It has nothing to do with the server
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01.04.2019 20:00
Summarize your bug My games crashes instantly during startup or in menu, sometimes it even happens 5 minutes into a game but I haven't been able to finish one game thus far. Basically what happens is that my game freezes for a little while (0,5sec to 3,5sec) and then it just quits without an error. My Event viewers spits out this error: Naam van toepassing met fout: bfv.exe, versie: 1.0.70.49765, tijdstempel: 0x5c8eb655 Naam van module met fout: KERNELBASE.dll, versie: 10.0.17763.348, tijdstempel: 0xd620e319 Uitzonderingscode: 0x887a0005 Foutmarge: 0x0000000000039149 Id van proces met fout: 0x2cb0 Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d4e8caa3c1043c Pad naar toepassing met fout: D:\Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe Pad naar module met fout: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll Rapport-id: 487892b8-f484-4ae7-be34-3998cdc1f1d4 Volledige pakketnaam met fout: Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout: I have updated my GeForce Experience so I have the latest updates (Got the Firestorm patch too) and I have updated my Windows until the absolute maximum. I've done Chipset updates and basically every other driver out there. I have cleared my cache (%ProgramFiles% but I left the LocalContent folder as instructed, and I've deleted the whole origin folder in %AppData% ) I've done this multiple times, with or without my virusscanner on, with or without my firewall on. I've done multiple repairs of the game and tried to disable settings in my game such as DX12 ( such a shame because I have an RTX2080.. ) I have tried shutting down my MSI afterburner. I haven't tried shutting down my CPU overclock or XMP Bios settings because I feel that the game should be able to run this, if it can't I must leave the game, I refuse to stop overclocking my CPU's for one game. With DX12 off it ran for a little while, I thought I 'fixed' the issue but then it just came back with a vengeance no matter what settings I shut off or on ( this happened within an hour ). This bug started happening like 2 weeks ago and has happened 100% of the time, sometimes instantly, sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes even after 1 hour ( yay...).
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By starting up Battlefield V, but I'm sure not everyone has this issue ... otherwise you would've patched it by now. It will just happen randomly, I click around a little and BOOM it freezes, I shoot one bullet at a person and BOOM it freezes, I try checking out my Armory and BOOM it freezes. Just play the game with my setup (i7 9700K OC to 5GHZ per core (Watercooled so never above 50 degrees celcius) , RTX2080, Corsair 16GB 2666Ghz RAM, Z390 Gaming SLI MB )
What happens when the bug occurs? It freezes, and I cry. Oh and this error in my event viewer. Naam van toepassing met fout: bfv.exe, versie: 1.0.70.49765, tijdstempel: 0x5c8eb655 Naam van module met fout: KERNELBASE.dll, versie: 10.0.17763.348, tijdstempel: 0xd620e319 Uitzonderingscode: 0x887a0005 Foutmarge: 0x0000000000039149 Id van proces met fout: 0x2cb0 Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d4e8caa3c1043c Pad naar toepassing met fout: D:\Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe Pad naar module met fout: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll Rapport-id: 487892b8-f484-4ae7-be34-3998cdc1f1d4 Volledige pakketnaam met fout: Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout:
What should be happening instead? A patch would be very appreciated, or something else to fix my issue

Frown

Message 1 of 4 (546 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashes instantly or within 5 minutes - unplayable since Firestorm patc

EA DICE Team

Hey @Nikoma1991, looking at the error log above I see its saying issues with KERNELBASE.dll and that is normally connected to your windows account your using. I recommend trying a new Windows account with Admin rights and then to play BFV and see if the same issues are happening. 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (438 Views)

All Replies

Re: Game crashes instantly or within 5 minutes - unplayable since Firestorm patc

★★★ Newbie

Happening to me too, just like you describe. 100% of the time, everytime i join a game (granted ive only been playing conquest) freezes, then exits altogether by itself with no error message. 

Message 2 of 4 (518 Views)

★ Novice

@RSJ92 wrote:

Happening to me too, just like you describe. 100% of the time, everytime i join a game (granted ive only been playing conquest) freezes, then exits altogether by itself with no error message. 

I feel your pain, hopefully somebody comes with a solution sooner rather then later.

Message 3 of 4 (490 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Nikoma1991, looking at the error log above I see its saying issues with KERNELBASE.dll and that is normally connected to your windows account your using. I recommend trying a new Windows account with Admin rights and then to play BFV and see if the same issues are happening. 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 4 (439 Views)