Game crashes every time I place a heatshield

by LordKennyzTTV

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes every time I place a heatshield

★★ Apprentice

Every time I place a heatshield outside of the zone, my game completely crashes me back into my desktop screen. This is completely frustrating and makes it so it's almost impossible for me to win games because someone dropped a heatshield during the last circle. This started occurring once the Genesis event started, and I've never had an issue like this before the event. My graphics card is a AMD RX 570 8gb, I'm not sure if my graphics card has anything to do with the crashes. 

Message 1 of 14 (2,332 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashes every time I place a heatshield

★★ Apprentice

I can confirm that what solved the issue for me, was updating my windows, and then updating my VGC's drivers. I tested it in game and was able to drop a heatshield without crashing or having a bright white sunlight beaming in my screen. If anything changes, I will post back here.

View in thread

Message 5 of 14 (2,233 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Also this is how heatshields look for me at a small distance, when I'm inside of them, I can't even see out side of them. It's just pure white like I'm staring at the sun.

Message 2 of 14 (2,286 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@LordKennyzTTV same here bro, all the users have AMD RX VGA Series have the same bug ! Check on reddit
Message 3 of 14 (2,271 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'll check it out

Message 4 of 14 (2,255 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can confirm that what solved the issue for me, was updating my windows, and then updating my VGC's drivers. I tested it in game and was able to drop a heatshield without crashing or having a bright white sunlight beaming in my screen. If anything changes, I will post back here.

Message 5 of 14 (2,234 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@LordKennyzTTV Can i ask what is VGC ? I just reinstalled the game and still didnt work ==
Message 6 of 14 (2,193 Views)

★★ Apprentice

VGC= Video Graphics Card, so if you have an AMD graphics card for example, go into your AMD radeon software, and update your drivers.

Message 7 of 14 (2,158 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@LordKennyzTTV I updated it yesterday and it worked bro, no more crash. Thanks !
Message 8 of 14 (2,112 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No problem Wink

Message 9 of 14 (2,039 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LordKennyzTTV I have the same Rx 570 8gb. Same issues. My driver ver 20.10.1, once i updated the latest driver 21.6.2 and using AMD/ATI patcher 1.4.10 (latest patcher) and my radeon won't appear when i open the radeon menus (but my GPU fan spinning after the installation). So i downgraded to 20.10.1 and the radeon menus works (right click AMD). How about you? Any advice?
Message 10 of 14 (1,893 Views)