Re: Game crashes back after CS kamino update

by americki_nindza

Original Post

Game crashes back after CS kamino update

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Since last patch game start to crash again its the same crash like was when Capital supremacy was added it was later fixed by update and its seems that it back again after kamino update game randomly freeze for a second then quits to windows without error message and generate crashdump in \Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront II\CrashDumps its crashed yesterday during CS match and today during GA match Windows dont detect game crash there is also no any error in event viewer

Message 1 of 28 (1,639 Views)

Re: Game crashing back after CS kamino update

★★★★ Novice
Same problem. Very annoying. I can't finish any match I start. I've never had crashes before this last update.
Message 2 of 28 (1,608 Views)

Re: Game crashing back after CS kamino update

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I had this problem with Capital Supremacy update then it was fixed by next update and now its back again after Kamino CS update its seems i have more lucky than you because its not crash so frequent(CS update was crashing like that) but its crash random can be 10 minutes or 4 hours in any mode

Message 3 of 28 (1,601 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yup having the same problem. Just bought the game too but I guess I have to wait for a patch.
Message 4 of 28 (1,526 Views)

★★ Guide
If they dont plan release hotfix then we need to wait month for next update Frown
Message 5 of 28 (1,506 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Extreme996PL @c0mbatcat1999 @globetrottel 

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the game after the latest update Frown

Can I ask about a few things, so we would have enough information for our experts?

• On what platform do you play?
  • Does it only crash in certain game modes?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting so far on PC, like updating your GPU drivers or removing the STAR WARS Battlefront II folder from your documents?
  • If you play on PC, please post your full DxDiag report.

Thanks in advance!

/Ataashi

Message 6 of 28 (1,485 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Ataashi,

Thank you the quick response! Just to let you know that I bought this game a week or so ago so I don't know what it was like before the update. I just based it on what the original poster problems which is pretty much the same. 

Info:

1. Platform is PC

2. I think so I mainly play Assault game modes like Capital Supremacy and Galactic Assault.

3. I have updated my GPU drivers and removed the mention folder. Removing the folder did seem for a hour or so. But it just freeze then crash again.

4. DxDiag is attached.

I hope this narrows it down a bit. If you want to check out the error dump file just shoot me another reply! Thanks again for helping us out!

Message 7 of 28 (1,464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_Ataashi 

1. Platform: PC

2. I play mostly GA, HvV and CS it crashed in GA and CS its random sometimes is crashing in my first match or sometimes after 4 hours or dont crash at all

3. I update my gpu driver i ddu 417.22(BF2 works fine on it before Kamino cs update) and i installed 430.64 i also remove BF2 folder from documets its still random freeze for a second then crash

4. Here is dxdiag i can also upload crashdumps generated by BF2 in \Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront II\CrashDumps if you want

Message 8 of 28 (1,448 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here, game crashing after last update, it freezes for few seconds and I'm back to desktop. No error messages. Overall, can't finish single game.

Message 9 of 28 (1,367 Views)

★★ Guide
I have more luck yesterday i played without single crash today it crashed in my first match then i launch game again and i played 5h and its not crashed
Message 10 of 28 (1,354 Views)