Re: Game crashes at start of KotFE Chapter II

by KyramHel

Original Post

Game crashes at start of KotFE Chapter II

★★★★★ Novice

At the start of Chapter II you have to talk to Valkorion in the "dream sequence". Problem is, I can't do that.

I click on him and then the cut scenes starts. I can see my character and camera zooming out, showing the burning warships in the background. Their lights flicker, then the game grinds to a standstill. Nothing happens.

When I click, Windows offers me to kill the game or wait for it to respond.

I tried switchting from the streaming launcher to the older one, tried a repair. Even tried window mode ...

Nothing.

Customer service, so far, hasn't even answered me.

Message 1 of 7 (1,009 Views)

Hero

try running a repair:

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, click the cog icon and then run the repair option.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 7 (1,000 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had this problem before, it seems to happen during multiple cutscenes in that dlc, I originally reported it to staff but i found a work around for most of them. Before the game grinds to a stand still press space, thus skipping that part of the scene. It has worked on a few, never got to test it on that one specifically because a staff member was kind enough to skip it for me.

Message 3 of 7 (715 Views)

★ Novice
@Belgorad Bonjour j'ai fais ce que tu as dis avec le lanceurs ST mais ça ne marche toujours pas as tu une autre solutions à me proposé ?
Message 4 of 7 (490 Views)

@KyramHel 

Turn all gfx to low and try , if it persists can you provide a dxdiag per this link

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 5 of 7 (472 Views)

★ Novice
@proxos666 Les gfx désolé je ne vois pas ce que c'est (je suis sur portable )
Message 6 of 7 (465 Views)

★ Novice
@darthisi Je vous conseille de mettre la qualité sur très bas pour moi ça a marcher
Message 7 of 7 (417 Views)