Re: Game crashes at start (PC)

by RealAdawon

Original Post

Game crashes at start (PC)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello,

Sometimes, the game crashes at the start and gives me this error.

To run the game after this error appears, I have to restart the computer and then it just might get fixed or might not. Repairing the game through Origin does not fix it.

apex_crash.txt is attached. I tried running r5apex.exe as an administrator, but it did not fix it.

Message 1 of 6 (370 Views)

Community Manager

@RealAdawon 

Sorry to see you're getting an error like that. Can you attach a DxDiag for us so we can look at your system specs?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (338 Views)

★ Apprentice

@RealAdawon   remove -novid from Advanced Launch Options if you have it there and also check your Autoexec file

Message 3 of 6 (327 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello. Thanks for reaching out. In case if you do not know, it is not just me, there is this topic about it and it has nearly 2000 replies of players saying they have the same problem.

Anyway, Here is my DxDiag. I did not add any command to launch options and I do not even know what Autoexec file is. I just started playing the game a few days ago (tried it before on the same PC and account but really just started a few days ago).

Message 4 of 6 (311 Views)

★ Pro
Make sure you have visualc++ 2010/2012/2013/2017 in both 64 and 32 bit
Try disabling automatic page file size and locate virtual memory to ur main drive (disable on other drives) Set minimum and max value same for example 6gb

Message 5 of 6 (303 Views)

Community Manager

@RealAdawon 

I see that you're on Windows 7. This post has some fixes that have helped others with the error on Windows 7.

Your video card driver is outdated. I recommend visiting AMD's website to download the latest version.

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 6 (282 Views)