Re: Game crashes and constant package loss

by CrniOrao

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes and constant package loss

★★ Novice

Hi.

It would seem like I have 2 different issues with Apex and I can't seem to fix it...

First one would be:

#1 Some servers are OK, some aren't... I keep getting ~24 packet loss at all times in most of my games. Can't find the issue as to why.

- Internet speed is 50/15 mbit/s, that should be OK. Maybe port forwarding something could help? If so, what ports should I try...?

#2 Game keeps crashing randomly for an unknown reason. Error message in the attachments (ERROR.PNG)

Also added DxDiag.txt alongside for extra insight.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (727 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

Error from your original issue should be unrelated to package loss.

The DXGI issue is related to shadow rendering, which can be either an issue on both NVIDIA's and Respawn/EA's side.

The DXGI can simply be fixed by disabling spot shadows, this has worked for many users so I think we can assume it prevents your client from crashing.

Packet loss seems weird, it's possible that the route you're taking results in packet loss.

That would mean it's neither your ISP or the ISP EA is using, so that would be pretty annoying.

Though that would easily be disproven by you using a VPN, weird stuff.

Hopefully someone else is able to help you out with the package loss, though that crash can be fixed by just using that.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (564 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So the game crashes have been minimal now. No idea why.

Just to note, I am playing on PC through STEAM.

But the connection issues are still persistant.

Anyway, what I've done so far:

#1 Port-forwarded following:

TCP: 1024-1124, 3216, 9960-9969, 18000, 18060, 18120, 27900, 28910, 29900

UDP: 1024-1124, 18000, 29900, 37000-40000

#2 Tried changing EasyAntiCheat priority to "Low" in processes as I've seen it suggested

#3 Tried to block certain servers that have sever packet loss issues with windows firewall, I'd figure I'd get kicked out of the laggy servers before the game starts, but it just kicks me out sometimes and then joins me into a packet loss server anyway.

After continued research, it would seem there is an issue with ISP, however from their end I get information that it is Apex's fault.

So I just keep going back and forth between EA and my ISP and none of them are helpful.

Also I'd like to note this has been happening ONLY DURING THE LATEST SEASON!

I was on the same ISP before and never had issues up until this season.

Also it doesn't matter if its an arena game, normal game, control, ranked, whatever it is.

Finally, it is worth a mention that few games work perfectly and have NO ISSUES! I have no idea why and how, but it cleary so must be an EA server issue if they have a few nodes that work just perfectly fine and some of them are just unplayable.

Message 2 of 5 (615 Views)

★★ Novice

Additionally, tried using a VPN to avoid packet loss, however it didn't help at all.

It only added to the lag actually.

Also, tried using STEAM launch options:

+cl_interp_ratio 1 +cl_updaterate 128 +cl_forcepreload 1

Which did nothing as well.

I'm not sure if I mentioned, but the connection is WIRED, not Wi-Fi and the internet is stable.

Router restart does nothing

I tired using different DNS already without success

(I followed all of what is already here:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/problems-playing-online/)

Is there anything else that could be done?

Message 3 of 5 (573 Views)

Champion

Error from your original issue should be unrelated to package loss.

The DXGI issue is related to shadow rendering, which can be either an issue on both NVIDIA's and Respawn/EA's side.

The DXGI can simply be fixed by disabling spot shadows, this has worked for many users so I think we can assume it prevents your client from crashing.

Packet loss seems weird, it's possible that the route you're taking results in packet loss.

That would mean it's neither your ISP or the ISP EA is using, so that would be pretty annoying.

Though that would easily be disproven by you using a VPN, weird stuff.

Hopefully someone else is able to help you out with the package loss, though that crash can be fixed by just using that.

Message 4 of 5 (565 Views)

★★ Novice

I see, thanks for the input.

I'll turn off the Spot Shadows option to avoid further crashes.

As for the packet loss, it does seem like it depends on the route its going through and it is random.

Perhaps trying to catch it with Wireshark or something alike would be a helpful information?

If that would work that is, I've only ever tried with connections to websites.

Message 5 of 5 (554 Views)