Re: Game crashes after every round

by Huskii96

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes after every round

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Just started today. The game round plays with no problems whatsoever, and then crashes during scoreboard/next round loading.

When I started the game this afternoon, it started with music even though I have music at 0%. I then had to go through the original game intro screens like everything was wiped and started over. I was then asked to go through setting up options like brightness...so the whole first-time load kinda thing.

After that I got into the game and only had 4 items in the left menu other than quit...but I forget what they were. No multiplayer options at all. Checked network, no issues there at all.

I quit the game and went back to Origin, found a friend playing and so join the game via him, and everything was fine...until the round was over, then the game crashed completely.

So now I can get into the game just fine, although I am being forced to set brightness and audio everytime the game starts. And after every round I get a black screen and the game crashes, or the game screen just freezes and I can't even exit. Performance monitor at this point shows the game as using ~4.5gig memory, and 0% CPU. I forgot to check disk i/o but it's on a separate disk from everything else, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Other than the timestamp, the event error is always the same:

Faulting application name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.100.49053, time stamp: 0x5e9f7e0e
Faulting module name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.100.49053, time stamp: 0x5e9f7e0e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000007ab5cdf
Faulting process id: 0x2ce4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6354d23c06141
Faulting application path: G:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Faulting module path: G:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Report Id: 6281cd10-bb40-4761-811e-6ac128fcf8b5
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I tried a repair on the game, and it found nothing corrupt. I'm just looking for quick fix ideas. If I have to uninstall the game I won't be reinstalling it...too much water under the bridge at this point.

Thx

Message 1 of 6 (1,281 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Guide
Hey @CrazyMerlin1509
I'm neither a Pc player but I have used them before have you tried this method?

If you're running Windows 10 follow these steps to clean boot:

Beside your start button, you'll see a magnifying glass icon. Click on it to open search.
Type msconfig in the search box, and press enter to bring up the System Configuration window.
Click on the Services tab.
On the window that opens, check the box to Hide all Microsoft Services, then click the Disable All button to the right.
Click on the Start Up tab, then on Open Task Manager.
Let the Task Manager list populate (this can take a few seconds), then right-click and choose Disable on each of the start up programs listed.
Close the Task Manager window to return to the System Configuration window.
Click OK to save your changes, then restart your computer.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,196 Views)

All Replies

Re: New Topic

Hey @CrazyMerlin1509 

Are you sure your drivers are updated? I'm not a PC expert but a friend had a similar issue in CoD and said that (and a reboot) is all he had to do.

Does this only happen with BFV or has this occured with other titles as well?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 6 (1,260 Views)

Re: New Topic

★ Apprentice

I don't play any other games, I really only have time for one game at a time.

All my drivers are up-to-date, and I rebooted twice in between the 5 or 6 crashes I've experienced today.

Thx

Message 3 of 6 (1,248 Views)

★★★ Guide
Hey @CrazyMerlin1509
I'm neither a Pc player but I have used them before have you tried this method?

If you're running Windows 10 follow these steps to clean boot:

Beside your start button, you'll see a magnifying glass icon. Click on it to open search.
Type msconfig in the search box, and press enter to bring up the System Configuration window.
Click on the Services tab.
On the window that opens, check the box to Hide all Microsoft Services, then click the Disable All button to the right.
Click on the Start Up tab, then on Open Task Manager.
Let the Task Manager list populate (this can take a few seconds), then right-click and choose Disable on each of the start up programs listed.
Close the Task Manager window to return to the System Configuration window.
Click OK to save your changes, then restart your computer.
Message 4 of 6 (1,197 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Huskii96 Thanks, I'll give it a try when I finish work.
Message 5 of 6 (1,167 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did this work for you? I recently been encountering this problem too. I tried but it did not work for me.

Message 6 of 6 (966 Views)