Re: The Sims Mobile Update - April 17th, 2018

by ava7171

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
Okay! All seems good now. Thanks for fixing the bug.

I'd like to ask for $1,000 in Sim-cash compensation for being down for three days. Please make that happen.
Message 151 of 195 (851 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Any idea of what ‘soon’ means for iOS update? ASAP (which in my mind is quicker than soon) means over 48 hours in EA universe, so are we talking days for the iOS update, which is ‘soon’? This has been so mismanaged and badly handled I have no faith in anything at the moment!
Message 152 of 195 (800 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The wording of this makes me think that an IOS update has yet to be released rather than delayed by checks by the App Store. In my experience this means the developers have yet to roll out the fix. Who knows how long it’s users could be waiting, let’s hope not another 3 days. If EA are going to compensate players as infured I wonder if they will be asking users which operating system they are using or just dulling out the same pitiful ‘compensation gift’ to everyone!

Message 153 of 195 (782 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I did what SimGuruMaaike, Ea Qa Team, said to do to get a compensation and it worked. It wasn't much, but I'm glad the game is working and they delivered on some sort of compensation.
Message 154 of 195 (770 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide
Did you write an email or demanded a phone call? And which type of help did you put down? They have 3 options so if you could share the steps with others we would very much appreciate it. I don't live in the US so I can't get a phone call. Thank you 😊
Message 155 of 195 (748 Views)

★★★ Novice
I tried the email method and they told me to go to the forums for help, lol. So don’t try the email method. Even linking to the exact post didn’t help.
Message 156 of 195 (720 Views)

★★ Apprentice
ava7171, I'm in the US. I used the email method and they responded within an hour.
I did it as Technical Support. I said it was an issue with the game loading. I then referenced the recent outage and mentioned the EA QA Support person's post... and I added a lot of 'please' & 'thank yous'. Politeness and appreciation can go a long way.
Btw, thank you, to everyone in this forum.
Message 157 of 195 (711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
The game has started to work fine again after this update. Thank you.
Message 158 of 195 (692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide
Thank you exbandnerd for the information. I have tried an email method just as you described it and have tried this method for a few other issues before. However I allways end up with an automatic email response which you can see in the screenshot. After that just silence. Have also tried with please and thank you. Anyways thank you for the help 😊
Message 159 of 195 (639 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@exbandnerd Did they fix the problem for your game? And do you have iOS?
Message 160 of 195 (835 Views)