Re: The Sims Mobile Update - April 17th, 2018

by MumofSam

Original Post

Re: Game crash when leaves house

★★★★★ Novice
Are you gonna give us compensation for the hassle? Are you going to extend the event? If players that haven't lost anything that do end up losing some things after you fix it, you will give us our lost things back? Do you have a time table on when it will be fixed?
The daily list that gives you xp and a cupcake...will that be given to us? All the days that have been missed because of the update...should be calculated and giving to all who were not able to do this because of a poorly drawn out update
Message 91 of 195 (1,039 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have a couple of other posts in this thread already, but I'd like to add that I just tried to reinstall Sims Mobile on my iPhone 6 and encountered some info which may help identify the point of failure.  

On this fresh install, game asks me to input my age, create a sim, then when the sim arrives at the house during the intro tutorial, the game asks me if I want to sync with the cloud.  In the account sync prompt, I noticed that the game says I have not successfully logged in since the night of the update.  However, I've tried logging into my sims mobile account over a dozen times on my iPad since the last successful account sync.  Some of these attempted login attempts get farther than others, for example, sometimes I'll hear the "zone loaded" sound, but more often I won't get any audio cues.

It seems that on all these crash attempts at startup, the game is not reaching the point in the process which triggers a cloud data sync and/or the cloud save is not successful.  Thus, the game seems to be failing at some point during(after?) the "plumbob" load screen and before the game syncs up data with the cloud.  I know there must be dozens or hundreds of sub-processes which must be running in this window, but hoping this info helps narrow down the issue.

Message 92 of 195 (1,011 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I am still able to log in to my game but my Sims still can't leave the home lot. I'm playing on an ASUS ZenPad 10. 

Message 93 of 195 (983 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I deleted the app, rebooted my iPad and then reinstalled the app (again). This time the app worked from scratch but didn’t give me the option to download my saved game from the Cloud, but rather just continued the new game. I’ve spent weeks, and money, playing this game and do not want to start from scratch. Why isn’t Game Centre opening and the option to load my game from the Cloud appearing? 

Message 94 of 195 (952 Views)

★ Novice
I'm on android and I still have the issue
Message 95 of 195 (950 Views)

★★★ Novice

I play on an IPad Pro and have been unable to log in since yesterday.  I also updated and with the update started to experience problems wher the people could not leave the house. The screen crashed however when I was trying to change the appearance. Have been unable to log in since. 

Message 96 of 195 (944 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
My game is messssed up still 😩
Message 97 of 195 (903 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Is it just us that this is happening to or is this every players issue? I have not been able to play for 24 hours now. The issue is same as everybodys. Chrashes when I try to leave the house and after 12 hours I can't even open the game. I know they are trying to solve this but it has been too long. We have all lost a lot in the meantime. I hope EA will be able to tell us some exact informations about the situation. "We are working on it" is not enough after more than a day of not being able to play.
Message 98 of 195 (895 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This happened to me too, my device is iPhone 7 plus iOS 11.3. One of my sims was doing a relationship event at town, one was doing a quest one was at home. The game also crashes when I tried to save edited home. I can manage to get to the sims whose not at home immediately after opening the game, finish their work, send them home, quit the game, force quit the app, restart, repeat. But this not always works. The everyday reset seems fixes things to some degree, but eventually the game still crashes. I also tried reinstall and reload the game from cloud, still the same.

I'm also unable to use CAS. Game crashes when I try to edit my sims.

Message 99 of 195 (858 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just tried to log in received a screen that asked me to confirm my age and acknowledge agreement to terms. Upon accepting the screen proceeded to crash again. 

Message 100 of 195 (1,158 Views)