Re: The Sims Mobile Update - April 17th, 2018

by PaQuilter1

Original Post

Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

I just wanted to add that I managed to call all my Sims home. I click on a SIM,  that is finished a shift, and I call them over. The app tries to go to the Sims location but it crashes. When I open the game again the SIM I was calling home is now in the first box and when I click on them to call them over it works. I just repeated this again. Now all my Sims are home and they are working on their hobby which at level 10 pays the same as working. At least they are earning something. Hope it helps.

Message 41 of 195 (944 Views)

★★★ Newbie
When I updated Sims Mobile, both of my sims characters were at work. Yesterday the problems started. When tried to leave the house off to work, the game crashed. Today my Sims Mobile game doesn't even start, and I cannot take a screenshot of my players ID because of this. Hopefully there will come a new update fast...
Message 42 of 195 (898 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After the update, was able to play normally. However, after setting up the items for the foodie party event, game crashed and have not been able to open or launch the game since.

Tried couple of times hard resetting the iphone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, cleared safari cache as recommended under the help section...but nothing works. Not even trying the game on a different device - game crashes when loading the saved game from the Cloud. Do no think it's an issue related from my phone having insufficient memory either - there's 23.43GB still available.

Note: did receive an odd message that items cannot be added to house cos it was full shortly before game crashes.

Message 43 of 195 (892 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Reading through some of the replies on here, I’m wondering if this is an issue on Apple devices only. I’m playing on an iPad with the latest operating system.  A few others on here who’ve commented have also mentioned they’ve using iPads or iPhones 

What’s everyone using?

Message 44 of 195 (891 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Mine just started crashing a few minutes ago 😩
Message 45 of 195 (1,017 Views)

i couldnt open my game AT ALL due to the crash, so i had...

★★★★ Novice
i couldnt open my game AT ALL due to the crash, so i had to uninstall it and completely lost my game (didnt even get the chance to connect to Game Center etc). hence i wasnt able to get a screenshot of my player ID :-/

i do have my “friend code” tho, will it be enough to get my game back? i hope the EA admin replies! 😭

ive been sobbing about this since morning lol
Message 46 of 195 (1,008 Views)

Re: i couldnt open my game AT ALL due to the crash, so i had...

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
Are you sure you lost your progress? When you reinstall the sims mobile, you must create a new sim, and when you move in with the new sim, the game ask, if you want to load data from cloud. When I first reinstall the game, and saw the create a sim menu, I believed I lost my progress, but fortunately no.
Message 47 of 195 (991 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Start of ASOS event causing crash? Updated and worked ok until the event started. My sims were all doing long hobby events. Went into game this morning and collected their earnings, game crashed and now crashes every time I try to load it. iOS 11.3.

Message 48 of 195 (989 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The last time i was able to play the game (this afternoon), my 3 sims were working, and i went to Change Appearance screen. Then i closed the app. When i tried to re-open it, the game crashed on launching screen. Since then, i haven't been able to play. It always crashes.

Tried on iPad Air, iPhone X and iPhone 5.

Message 49 of 195 (965 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@heartstyle2 the exact same thing happened to me.
Message 50 of 195 (956 Views)