Re: Game crashes when opening

by rebeccamcn52

Original Post

Sims Mobile Crashing when traveling

★★ Apprentice
Reinstalled for twice but still same... One of my sims can't start event at downtown 😖 also other sims stuck at home.. Can't go work just doing hobby or interact with kids.. Please fix it 😥
Message 11 of 195 (1,524 Views)

Re: The Sims Mobile Update - April 17th, 2018

★★★★ Expert
You guys are lucky. I can’t play the game at all. App keeps crashing.
Message 12 of 195 (1,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your reports on this, the team is currently investigating it. If you remember, could you please let us know what your Sims were doing when you updated the game yesterday/today?

Thanks!
-Mai

PS. Merged several threads into this one so everything is in the same place, as well as removing duplicates Wink

Message 13 of 195 (1,496 Views)

★★★★ Expert
I faintly remember that one of my sims was completing the cooking hobby story and another one was having the romantic dinner at restaurant (this one after the update I think).
Message 14 of 195 (1,480 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I updated the app yesterday, when my Sims would have been doing their hobbies.  Had no problems until this afternoon when first of all the app crashed if I tried leaving the house and then couldn’t open the app at all and still can’t. Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. No difference. At the time 3 of my Sims were doing their hobbies - yoga, cooking and music, and the 4th was doing an event. Please fix this ASAP, thank you 😁. 

Message 15 of 195 (1,474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Experiencing the exact same issue, cannot leave home zone at first, now game will not load.  Contacted EA user experience, said it was known issue, but that it was out of their hands.  They referred me to this forum and encouraged me to post here.  For refer nice, am using an iPad Pro 256gb 10.5 running iOS 11.3.

When I could still load into my home, the game would crash when I tried to load the Downtown area where my sim was in the progress of completing a work shift.  After the sim had completed the shift and had a pink exclamation mark on their had, I "called over" the sim to the house.  I forget exactly what I did next, either I tried to select the sim with the pink exclamation to complete the work shift (at home, outside the Agency zone where the sim actually worked).  I could not complete the shift at home.  I may have then tried to use that sim to navigate to another location, but  the game crashed.  Ever since then, have been unable to load into the game. Crashes right after the loading screen with the green plumbob; the game sometimes plays the "zone loaded" sound, but most of the time the sound doesn't play.  If the zone loaded sound plays, it is typically followed immediately by a brief static noise before app crashes.  Other than sound, no other indication game even loaded into the zone successfully, no visual cues at all.  Hope this helps..

Message 16 of 195 (1,465 Views)

★ Apprentice

My game was working this morning after the update, but about 2 hours later I was experiencing trouble and could only stay in the home zone.  Then about an hour after that I was no longer able to sign into the game.  It starts to load and then I'm crashed out.  When I tried to submit this error to the" help team", they sent me some uniform technical answers that were of no help and the email they sent was labelled "resolved"....which it certainly was not!!!

Message 17 of 195 (1,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Thanks everyone for your answers so far! Edited: we don't need more information at this point.  I have another question for you, if you don't mind:

Were you able to play the game normally after updating, before the issues started, or your game started to crash as soon as you updated?

For anyone arriving now, please, if you remember, let us know also what your Sims were doing when you updated the game yesterday/today.

At this point contacting our advisers won't help, as they will only be able to tell you that we know about this and the team is working on it - I'll share any updates I have in this thread Wink  I'd recommend taking a screenshot or noting down your player ID if you can still access your game and you haven't done it already.

@MumofSam, so you were able to play normally after updating before the issues started? Do you remember what kind of event was your 4th Sim doing? Something outside the house?

Thanks again!
-Mai

- Marking this as solution for visibility, but we are not considering this fixed -

Message 18 of 195 (2,855 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
Me too
Message 19 of 195 (1,442 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have the same issue one of my Sims was doing a special event at Parkside and at first it wouldn't let me go to him. Then I couldn't go anywhere but my house. Now I can't log on at all and I just used my bath 😣
Message 20 of 195 (1,438 Views)