Game crash to desktop after intro

by Magemax

Original Post

Game crash to desktop after intro

★★ Novice

Hi, i got the game on pc game pass and it keeps crashing to desktop after the intro, as soon as i see the car, when i'm supposed to take control of it. There is no error message, the game just shutdown itself. I already tried uninstall / reinstalling. I also reinstalled my whole pc (i wanted to do it anyway) but no luck, it still crashes. Any help / tips ? Thanks

(I'm on win 11, latest nvidia driver, cpu ryzen 5600h, gpu rtx3060, 32gb ram. It's the only game / software that crashes like that).

Message 1 of 7 (2,523 Views)

Re: Game crash to desktop after intro

★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 2 of 7 (2,429 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
The same issue with pc origin / ea plattform since last game update v5.0.

Can not start the game. The game is loading until the screen, where i had to press ENTER. After pressing ENTER the game crashes to desktop without any notice or error message.

I tried to repair the game in the launcher and i also tried to uninstall, without success.

Other origin games are working fine.

any suggestion?

what i also tried:

- run origin/ea launcher as admin

- switched launcher to offline mode

- deactivate origin/ea game overlay

- deactivate amd adrenalin game overlay

Message 3 of 7 (1,941 Views)

★★ Novice

TBH I gave up on this game, tried for 2 weeks with lots of fix and couldn't start a single game. Always got this error. It baffled me that lot of ppl have this error and there is no official answer to this. I can't help you I'm sorry

Message 4 of 7 (1,933 Views)

★★★★ Novice

dear ea-support,

please read this!

3 month later, the problem still exists.

In the meantime i even reinstalled windows 10, of course including the origin app and the game. but the game still won't start.

And in the second step I even installed windows 11. This also does not lead to a better result. The game stays dead ...

And now the best thing i tried: I installed everything on another pc.

But you won't believe it, the game won't start ... The exact same probleme... This is so sad !

@CM_TGKor however this read in the ea support: do you have any ideas ?

Message 5 of 7 (1,427 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have now solved the problem myself.
Solution: the savegame was broken. I had to delete the savegame file locally and on the cloud. All saves of 180 hours were lost. But the game is now running again.

Message 6 of 7 (1,287 Views)

★★ Novice

How do you delete the save on the cloud ?

Message 7 of 7 (1,196 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help