Game consistently makes PC hard freeze (Steam copy)

by KVet1992

Original Post

Re: Game consistently makes PC hard freeze (Steam copy)

★★★ Novice

Windows is fully up to date Standard smile

Message 11 of 18 (375 Views)

★ Guide

I am sorry, it was a try.

Message 12 of 18 (363 Views)

★★★ Novice

All good. I'm going hard core on troubleshooting now at this point.

Message 13 of 18 (360 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic do you have any update on this? I've gone so far as to wipe my PC and do a completely fresh install, and it's still doing the hard lock freezing.

Message 14 of 18 (353 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same thing here all my progress is gone after a crash.... Id love a fix. 

Message 15 of 18 (338 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @KVet1992  sorry for late response. 

Are you still experiencing crashes after the latest set of patches for the game? 

A Quick question, looking at the dxdiag looks like older windows versioned, I see you mention its up to date, what version are you running now? 

/Atic 

Message 16 of 18 (299 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Yeah I figured it out, apparently my bios for motherboard had another update that was more recent, and once the bios was updated again, it has been running smoothly! I apologize I forgot to reply to this!
Message 17 of 18 (529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same issue here. Locks up midway through fleet battles. No other piece of software makes my PC do a hard freeze...

Historically, after doing a hard reboot I can rejoin the ranked match before it ends. Not this time! I reboot, quickly launch the game trying to not abandon the match and screw my teammates over... Nope, this time I discover my game has been reset to "factory settings." Instead of rejoining my match, I get rewarded with the un-skippable company logo videos, Intro movies to the game, first time pilot customization. I can't even get to the main menu without starting the single player campaign... by the time I did, it was too late. It says I abandoned the match.

As a final low-blow, I discover all of my keybinds have been erased. Honestly I would have rather lost my skins or my ingame currency instead of my keybinds lol.  

Wtf is this, now I have to re-setup the game when it crashes? 

I was hesitant to buy this game... experience has taught me to expect game crashes from EA games (no matter how powerful my system) - idk if it has something to do with the frostbite engines (other EA games work fine)?  Either way, if other games/devs can avoid hard freezing my PC - a member of the AAA game industry can certainly do the same.     

Message 18 of 18 (278 Views)