Game chat not working

by Drough96

Original Post

Game chat not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Game chat was working fine earlier in the day, all of a sudden I get into xbox party chat for about an hour or so and then game chat when I leave the party discontinues to work. Ive hard restart my series x twice, I've restart the game 3x, I’ve turned my mic off and back on, unplugged my headset and plugged back in, I've disabled game chat and re enabled it. Nothing has seemed to work. I feel like this is a problem on apex side. Any answers?

Message 1 of 9 (334 Views)

Re: Game chat not working

Community Manager

Hi there, @Drough96 

Are you power cycling or just turning your Xbox off and then on again? You want to make sure you're power cycling. It would also be good to power cycle your modem and router. 

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 9 (312 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I’m giving it a full power cycle.

Message 3 of 9 (302 Views)

Community Manager

@Drough96 

Thanks for trying. Next, I'd like you to clear the alternate MAC address with these steps:

Go to your Xbox One Settings (Just press Start, then click Settings)
Go to "Network", then "Advanced Network Settings"
Click on "Alternate MAC Address", and then click "Clear"

Let me know how it goes.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 9 (295 Views)

★★ Novice

Ive done that already also. Still didn’t work. 

Message 5 of 9 (276 Views)

★★ Novice

I even got a new headset today and it still doesn’t work in apex game chat. Was working fine the other days and is working fine in party chat and other games. 

Message 6 of 9 (275 Views)

Game chat not streaming on twitch

★★★ Newbie

Idk what to do, I play one Xbox one and every game made by ea won’t allow the game chat to go through on stream for twitch. Is there a fix for this?

Message 7 of 9 (283 Views)

Community Manager

@Drough96 

Take a look at the accessibility options. Has anything been enabled here that may be converting speech to text?

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 9 (246 Views)

★★ Novice

No nothing. Ive fixed it when I got a new mic the other day it started working again but sometimes it still kicks me from game chat forcing me to make a party chat and just change to game chat from there. 

Message 9 of 9 (233 Views)