Game Won't Load After Update.

by CrimesForCandy

Original Post

Game Won't Load After Update.

★★★★ Apprentice

I was able to log into the game briefly only to find I didn't have the new event yet, so of course, I closed the app and updated it...Well, I have not been able to get into the game since (this was a few hours ago). I have followed every single troubleshooting step I have found on various links, as well as the ones EA Support told me to perform, and still will not load. When I open the app, I get the new blue screen with the EA and Maxis logo, but after that the screen goes black and stays that way. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm afraid this will make me miss out on a day's worth of the event, as well as fashion gems (if I'm not able to attend my 2 parties today), and stickers. Disappointed 

I have had issues with the Sims Mobile app before, but usually it's as simple as clearing my cache and/or restarting my device--not this time. I'm familiar with the troubleshooting posts on here, none of those steps have helped this time around. Really wishing I hadn't even updated it, since it loaded just fine before I went for it. Frown

Message 1 of 13 (1,517 Views)

Re: Game Won't Load After Update.

★★★ Apprentice
@CrimesForCandy I have the same problem. After update I see for 1 second blue screen with logo, after nothing, just black screen. And I also tried everyting for issue of this problem.
But I loaded game on other device - sumsung galaxy tab, and on tablet it's working. But not on the Phone I played before.
Phone model, where is game can not load after update: HuaweiY6 2019, Android version 9. Player ID 1003840974384
Message 2 of 13 (1,473 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I wish I had another device I could play on. This Chromebook I've been playing on is pretty new (less than a year old) and still has tons of storage; it has to be an issue with the update. It still won't load! Shocked

Message 3 of 13 (1,456 Views)

★ Apprentice
@CrimesForCandy I have the same issue, I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still no game.
Message 4 of 13 (1,431 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ValeinaRaiden I went as far as adding a new user to this Chromebook with another Google email, downloaded the app (after having to set up a new Google Play acct with it), and it also wouldn't load there which would've technically been for a "brand new player."

I'm at 19 hours without being able to play now.
Message 5 of 13 (1,423 Views)

★ Apprentice
@CrimesForCandy I thought they would take notice a bit sooner so I waited a full day as well before searching here. Right now I just hope that if they fix it I won't lose all my progress.
Message 6 of 13 (1,419 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ValeinaRaiden Yea, for sure! What good is an update that isn't compatible with all the same devices the game used to be compatible with? I hope it's just a bug and they fix it soon. And I definitely hope our progress is still there! I've dumped too much time and money into my account to lose it.
Message 7 of 13 (1,416 Views)

★ Apprentice
@CrimesForCandy Yeah, that would be very bad. If I am not able to continue the game I 'll just quit all together. I hear a lot of people have problem loading their saved games and that has me worried.
Message 8 of 13 (1,407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

So, I have an update on the situation...I opened the app and the same thing happened: initial blue screen with EA and Maxis logo, then my Google Play gamer tag popped up at the top briefly as usual, then the black screen...BUT this time, I turned the sound UP, and I could hear the gameplay sounds!! I could hear the usual birds chirping, doors opening/closing, everything. This means the game IS logging us in, it's just a bug with the visuals!!

I really hope they're able to fix this, now knowing this.

*Fingers crossed*  Disappointed

Message 9 of 13 (1,380 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My girlfriend is having the exact same issue. Tried everything and nothing will solve it. Honestly have no idea what's going on but it's annoying as hell.

Message 10 of 13 (1,373 Views)