Re: Game Will Not Load on WiFi

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Will Not Load on WiFi

★★ Novice

I am having a really wierd issue with my SWGOH game.  I just had a new home WiFi router and internet service installed (ATT Fiber).  On my phone, if I connect to a LTE data tower, everything works fine.  If I enable wifi, everything in SWGOH stops loading and I get the spinning circle permanently when I click on something.  If I turn wifi off, SWGOH works again.  SWGOH just can't seem to connect to the server over the wifi network.

I can connect to the internet and every other game on my phone on the same wifi network, and multiple other devices can connect to the internet using the same wifi network.  SWGOH is the ONLY app that won't connect over the wifi network.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ with Android 11.  Any ideas?  

Message 1 of 5 (1,076 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
@bjp8d1ea Besides port forwarding, are you able to simply allow your devices past any firewall, or additional security then test your connect?

If not is there a different wifi network you could test to see if it is able to connect?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,006 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager
@bjp8d1ea To confirm are you using any firewall, or VPN with the new network?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 5 (1,041 Views)

★★ Novice

I think there is a built-in firewall on the modem, but I tried to enable ports 443 and 5228 in the firewall settings and that did not make a difference.  Those were the only ports I found googling it that were associated with Google Play.

Testing it some more, the game will infrequently connect to the server and let me do something if I let it sit there for a long time and keep hitting the retry connection.  However after that, it will go back to giving me the spinning circle, making the game unplayable.  This morning I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and it got stuck at the title screen when it came time to download the game files.  The second I turned off wifi and connected to a cel tower, it immediately started downloading the game.  Something is preventing SWGOH (and only SWGOH) from connecting to the game server through wifi.  I have 6 computers running multiple apps, multiple games on my phone, and other phones and devices that are similarly running multiple games and apps.  SWGOH is the ONLY program that is having any difficulty connecting.

Message 3 of 5 (1,034 Views)

Community Manager
@bjp8d1ea Besides port forwarding, are you able to simply allow your devices past any firewall, or additional security then test your connect?

If not is there a different wifi network you could test to see if it is able to connect?

Illium.png

Message 4 of 5 (1,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem but on iphone. My wifi signal is great.

Message 5 of 5 (794 Views)