Game Stuck at Home Screen

by Zoki18

Original Post

Game Stuck at Home Screen

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So I purchased the game since I was waiting for it and it is not working for me. I can get to the Home Screen BUT nothing happens when I hit ENTER. I can see the button respond and I can hear it respond but it does not do anything. I purchased the game via Amazon for PC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice now with no difference. I went to Amazon support but they were not of much help. My PC more the meets the requirements for the game. I have disabled any sort of Virus scan to see if it makes a difference but it did not make a different. I don't really want to uninstall and reinstall the game again. 95GB takes a while even with a good connection. Anyone here that can help me with this? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much.

P.S. I have already attached my DXDIAG.

Message 1 of 6 (847 Views)

Re: Game Stuck at Home Screen

Community Manager

@Zoki18

There could be some other software interfering with the game, can you perform a clean boot as follows and let us know if you can then play?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (829 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry for the delay. Work sometimes interferes with my gaming. So I have tried the Clean Boot and disabled EVERYTHING. No difference. I unplugged ALL USB devices except for the keyboard and mouse, but it does the same thing. Just sits at the same screen and does not proceed.

Message 3 of 6 (808 Views)

★ Novice

Hello all. So does anyone have any ideas on what I can try? Not too thrilled I spent $60 on a game that does not work.

Message 4 of 6 (778 Views)

Community Manager

@Zoki18

There are several messages in you Dxdiag that report some Windows Updates did not complete.

Can you download and install all available Windows Updates, retest and post again with your results please?

barry.png
Message 5 of 6 (757 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game is stuck on the home screen as well... I got to Chapter 4 and got on to play the next day and couldn’t...

Message 6 of 6 (657 Views)