Re: Game Not Working

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Game Not Working

★★★ Newbie

Game not working

I started playing Apex again for season 2 and for some reason my game keeps freezing and crashing. I tried to use the repair option in the origin installer but that wasn't working either. I have also tried un-installing and re-installing the game but it keeps coming up with the same error code as the repair option:

Error: A redistibutable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue.

Please help.

Message 11 of 15 (574 Views)

Re: Game Not Working

Community Manager

Hi, @rgyourpetfish 

Can you upload a DxDiag for us so we can look at your system specs?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 15 (528 Views)

Error: A redistributable package (EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe) was not installed

★★ Novice

My issue is that whenever I try to open Apex Legends, a windows pop up screen will appear saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file you might not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".

This happens when I open Apex Legends through the shortcut path I have on my taskbar. When I try to open Apex Legends through the launcher, it says the game is already running even though no instance is open.

The only way for me to play the game is to go into the origins folder, then apex, then to EasyAntiCheat where I will need to repair Apex Legends every single time I turn on my PC. When this does not work, I will try to reinstall Apex Legends. Whenever I do, however, it halts the download with this error message: "Error: A redistributable package (EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (4)"

Then when I do manage to open up Apex Legends, my game does not input any of my keyboard clicks or mouse clicks until seconds later, which could be caused by either the server or my PC. I do not think it is the server as other friends of mine connect to the same server (Oregon 1/2) and play fine. My keyboard inputs are delayed and my mouse sensitivity seems to be slowed down drastically making it virtually impossible for me to play this fast-paced game. This input lag does not affect the firing range but only live matches (Default mode, Apex Duos, and Ranked.)

I have tried uninstalling Apex Legends and Origin combined, rebooting my PC, and looking up other videos but I just seem at a loss here.

Here is a video to what it looks like when I try play in firing range vs when I try to play in a live match.

Message 13 of 15 (692 Views)

error Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully.

★★★ Newbie

When i download apex on my PC, i am getting the Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (False). 

I have deleted all the files in the 'redist" folder except the 3 im supposed to keep and i have disabled my anti virus, what can i do?

Message 14 of 15 (505 Views)

Re: Game stopped launching (Apex Legends)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, i need some help i did the same thing. Went through anti cheats thing but found out later i had deleted the thing. Somehow i had 2 folders of the same thing one on my D drive and one on my C drive. I simply then made a new folder in the one with anticheats missing and added the stuff that was in it from the other one. everything is how it should be just like from the start but my game still wont start. Can you somehow help me? Do you have any information that can help me with playing apex legends again?

Message 15 of 15 (471 Views)