Game Lag Spikes After Second Match

by shuzack2

Original Post

Game Lag Spikes After Second Match

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Game lags after every second game in apex, discord is just fine, not lagging but my game will stutter sometimes and other times it will freeze. I've already tried reinstalling Killer Network Control Center and the whole thing time and time again, didn't work. Tried reinstalling Apex, didn't work. Also have tried updating my drivers, they are all up to date. The only thing that seems to work is when I restart my game after every match. The first match when I load in is fine but the others are laggy. Please help. P.S. My PC runs perfect fine on other games

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Message 1 of 16 (3,500 Views)

Re: Game Lag Spikes After Second Match

Hello there.

Are we talking about a latency related lag spikes or hardware-vise stutters?

Message 2 of 16 (3,471 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@NervousAndPotato
I'm not sure but I'm thinking it's more latency because my discord doesn't really lag out until it gets really bad.
Message 3 of 16 (3,424 Views)

[ Edited ]

@shuzack2Discord can lag because of CPU or GPU usages. First, we need to figure out if problem is with your internet or your PC. What are your PC's in-game usage&temperature rates?

I'd appreciate if you can provide an in-game footage of these stutters. Also are you getting any warning symbols from Apex(Up-right corner)?

Message 4 of 16 (3,411 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@NervousAndPotato Well I know it’s not Discord because it still lags even though Discord is not even running and I am currently not at the computer right now or I would give clips of the lag. My temps are fine and there are no warning symbols from Apex
Message 5 of 16 (3,402 Views)

@shuzack2 It's hard to go on without info but you can try to change server and update your network drivers. Oh and update Windows, because why not.
Message 6 of 16 (3,391 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@NervousAndPotatoI have updated all my drivers and updated Windows, here's some gameplay that I shadowplayed for you. Hopefully it will help. My fps was stable at that time too. 

https://streamable.com/xyid7

Message 7 of 16 (3,365 Views)

@shuzack2 Okay that's most likely a hardware issue. If the problems starts after the first match, it can't be about CPU/GPU usage. If it was about temperature, you'd not get stable FPS. How are your VRAM and RAM doing? I wonder if you run out of memory.

Last, check your HDD usage.
Message 8 of 16 (3,360 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@NervousAndPotato I'm not sure it's a hardware issue because for the first month of playing it was just fine. But I did notice on task manager that it uses up a lot of memory, could it be that I have downloaded too much stuff?
Message 9 of 16 (3,348 Views)

@shuzack2 Yes, it can be.
Message 10 of 16 (3,325 Views)