Game Keeps Crashing don't know what to do HELP!

by Methics

Original Post

Re: Game Keeps Crashing don't know what to do HELP!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

My game still crashes but during the times that it doesn't crash my game runs smooth. Also tried the Windows Borderless setting and no dice. Its still crashing to desktop after 5 minutes. Apparently im going from 70-80% CPU usage to 40% when the crash occurs..  Very strange.

Message 61 of 976 (2,490 Views)

Re: BFV crashes

★ Guide

The game just froze again in the middle of game we were winning. This isn't a problem with my system or drivers. This problem is going to require a patch from EA/Dice. Just like all previous releases of BF have needed. How many times must I run repair, or uninstall and then reinstall the game??? EA/Dice: JUST FIX IT.

Message 62 of 976 (3,030 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

so it looks like in the updated known issues, they didn't include these issues. They did add a line about DXR, but that's it.

Message 63 of 976 (2,459 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Bump

Message 64 of 976 (2,385 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After a reset of my Windows the game runs steady now. But I think this problem may caused by the confliction of local files of trail with one in formal edition. Try to delete local files of BFV in your document may help.

Message 65 of 976 (2,369 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I didn't really understand that. what files need to be deleted?

Message 66 of 976 (2,363 Views)

★ Apprentice

/user/"your username"/ documents/

look in the documents folder for something that looks like a BF 5 trails folder and delete it. That folder contains your configuration for BF 5. 

In another thread, I saw that this lead to a fix. 

Message 67 of 976 (2,358 Views)

Re: Battlefield V crashing without giving any error

★★ Novice

I found a solution for me. I do have an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x. I used the corresponding tool (Ryzen Master) to activate "Game Mode", which deactivates 4 of the 8 cores. The FPS didnt change, but I was able to play 6 maps in a row, which wasn't possible before. While I'm still waiting for a crash to happen, for now it seems to work.

Message 68 of 976 (6,876 Views)

Re: Battlefield V crashing without giving any error

★ Apprentice

Same here, tried everything. The game is broken. The only two games crashing with my rig. are BF V and Fifa 2019. Coincidentally they share the same graphics engine. I don't think it's a coincidence anymore seeing how many people are experiencing crashes with any sort of hardware (it won't help but I have GTX 980 latest NVIDIA drivers and Win10 X64 1809).

Message 69 of 976 (6,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

No dice for me Frown

Also tried a DDU driver uninstall, still no dice. 

Message 70 of 976 (2,341 Views)