Game Keeps Crashing don't know what to do HELP!

by Methics

Original Post

Re: Game Keeps Crashing don't know what to do HELP!

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@holger1405  So EA bares no responsibility to investigate compatibility issues and work out problems with other vendors?   Just because it runs fine on your system that leads you to the conclusion that others don't matter and is not worth investigating?

If there is a specific config where it leads to problems, shouldn't EA find out and investigate some of those configurations and warn people that it may be buggy?  Shouldn't this be added to a known issues list that they are experiencing problems with certain setups?  If it was a hardware or driver level issue, shouldn't EA help find that out, be responsible, and inform the hardware company there may be a problem with how the game is working with that driver?  They just want to sit back and let other companies investigate crashes or should it be a joint effort?

Anyways arguing with you can go on forever so not worth to continue this.  But the point is clear... just because it works for some people doesn't mean they don't have to look into all the cases where it's failing and investigate.  If they don't investigate, they won't even know if its them or something else causing it.  There's a reason EA has the reputation it has... and this is simply another case of it.

Back to a EA free life for me.  Good luck everyone who has been sticking it out and trying all kinds of techniques to get this thing to work properly.

Message 511 of 976 (945 Views)

★ Apprentice

Your original post contained the word "toolbars", which you have since edited out. If you read between the lines, you were saying "bro, you have downloaded a bunch of crap on your PC like a million toolbars and malware, so that's why your BF5 is messed up". Deny all you like, that's ostensibly what you were saying.

If you scroll back a page or two, you will see I provided 2 or 3 very substantive posts that are on topic for this thread. Clearly you didn't actually read the thread or even bother to read a page or two of recent posts. Then you waltz in here with your shallow post dismissing everyone's concerns as user error. And now you are sticking your foot in your mouth asking me to post something "useful or specific to this thread" when I already have done both.

I was calling your post lazy, not you lazy. And I consider garbage posting much more rude than calling someone out for garbage posting.

How about this, since you can't seem to handle "provide something of value to this thread", I'll be more specific. How about you go back through the thread, read my posts, and try to see if my reasoning is sound or not. Provide some constructive criticism on something I may have missed.

@IICookieGII wrote:

Hey @DuncanIdahoTPF 

Thanks for your reply.   Obviously I am not here to troll, just stating that pc users often overlook the simple things.

Not sure how you came to some of your assumptions? (Malware, viruses?)

With your "23 years" of PC build experience perhaps you could contribute something useful or specific to the thread. Instead of being rude, critical or assuming in my response that I am lazy, silly or contrite in someway. I stated some facts which most informed people would agree with.

Hopefully, next time you reply to a comment you take a minute to perhaps be slightly more considerate to others.

😉

Message 512 of 976 (912 Views)

★ Apprentice

Reporting back in:

I have had Ray Tracing / DXR disabled for several hours of gameplay with no crashes.

I re-enabled it on Low again tonight, and played for about 30 minutes. It crashed in the same fashion (for those who don't read the thread - there's no crash logs generated).

Message 513 of 976 (902 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@IICookieGIISo you come in here saying that this is not a DICE issue because they don't account for all the extra software people tend to have on their PC. Fair enough. I spent a month back and forth with EA support which led me to format my PC THREE TIMES because they refused to take responsibility and blamed Microsoft. I then went to Microsoft and they concluded that there is nothing wrong with my system, so to be 100% sure I bought a new Windows key and installed only Origin, drivers and the game. Crashed exactly the same way it has been this entire time. You would have known this if you read back a few pages in the forum. So no, this isn't because other people have other things installed on their PC, every other game I have has no problem with it.

@holger1405If you bought a car and it didn't work, it would end up in the shop where they would do EVERYTHING they can to fix it. So yes. it is a similar case, except DICE or EA won't even acknowledge the problem. One example of a company not acknowledging an issue is Honda with a technology that was added to their engines (VCM), guess what happened? They got sued and lost.

This is one of the most popular topics on this forum. Most players are not running BFV flawlessly like you so claim, all my friends who could manage to play, had to play on low with very good systems and even then they had frame issues. DICE can easily hit up a few players and reproduce this problem, I'm sure it's even doable with their own systems. You and Cookie seem to be doing the most to take blame away from a neglectful company. If you're not helping then keep it moving.

Message 514 of 976 (897 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@DuncanIdahoTPF 

Well, that means DXR caused the crash for you, you should disable it until a new nvidia driver or a game update comes out. For a fast paced game like battlefield, it’s not worth using DXR anyway, i also disable it all of the time

My game has not launched for 2 weeks and always crash on start up, With an error: Battlefield V has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly..., then closed, Event viewer show exception code:0x887a0005, I cannot find the cure anywhere.

My specs is: Asus strix X99, i7-6800K, RTX2080ti, windows 10 1809, nvidia 417.71. I did a clean install with no other apps except BF1, BFV and origin. BF1 runs flawlessly, only BFV does not want to run after January update , so ridiculous; windows is clean, nothing interfere with the game, why can’t it run ??. People can still run this game on youtube, but i cannot run it, really really frustrating

Anyone has the same error in Event viewer, with similar specs ?

Message 515 of 976 (889 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DuncanIdahoTPF 

No crash log whatsoever?  Nothing in the watchdog folders and nothing in the event viewer?

• Press the Windows key > Write: Command Prompt > Right click on "Command Prompt" in the search results > Run as administrator.
  • Copy and paste "reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\devenv.exe" /v DumpType /d 2 /t REG_DWORD" (Without the quotation marks) into the command prompt Window > ENTER.
  • Play the game until it crashes.
  • After the game crashes, press the Windows key and "R" at the same time. > Type "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" (Without the quotation marks) into the new window > ENTER.
  • There you should find a BFV crash dump. Would be nice if you could share it with us.

If you want to undo the automatic dump creation, use the command below in a elevated command prompt (As in point 1) reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /f

@biggestwig 

I already said what was to say about the car comparison.

If you think this 40 side thread would be all we would see if there would be a general problem with BFV, you should rethink that.
Also read the Software license agreement you signed to play this game. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 516 of 976 (862 Views)

★★★ Novice

My game freeze on Menu. More than 5 mjnufes, freeze and i have to Reboot on the butom from CPU. In game Works Fine and never crashes...

Message 517 of 976 (793 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@DuncanIdaho,

if you have a generation 1 (founders edition I think) model you may need to look into an RMA... I have been seeing more and more on the web about the original 2080's failing.

a more risky move, is to see if by some chance there is a ROM update for your card... these are rare, but I have seen them...

Message 518 of 976 (734 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
on another note to the mods... I would lock the thread and force a new one to be started... this thread is no longer helpful as the majority of those here are here to gripe and complain, not assist in finding a solution

to all others, this is not technical support ran by EA or DICE, this is community trying to help each other. It may be moderated by EA, but is not their official place to submit technical support request.
Message 519 of 976 (983 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not sure anymore what the problem was but something corrupted our cards.

I received my step-up evga card today and all issues have been resolved. No more crashes. I hate to think the only way to fix what BF5 damaged is to replace the card and I doubt anyone pushing updates is going to accept responsibility much less even acknowledge there is an issue.

I've played a couple of hours so far and except for OC'ing the 2080ti a bit too much at first everything has run perfectly. One other issue I've had since the W10 update 1809 was the Nvidia 3D vision would not download and I could not play 3D. Again, inserted new card and 3D vision shows back up on Nvidia control panel. The big question is when the next driver update is pushed will I lose 3D vision again.

Other than inserting a new card, I would suggest placing your card in a different PCI slot, restart, and see if that doesn't reset whatever is messing with the cards. Then try it again in the original PCI slot.

Message 520 of 976 (931 Views)