Re: Game Keeps Crashing don't know what to do HELP!

by PopelGott

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Hello, I Updated the windows to the latest updates, and i dont use islc cleaner anymore its working for me no more crashes

Message 561 of 976 (931 Views)

★★ Novice

I started crashing since the February update.  every 5 -10 minutes.  EA fix this!

Message 562 of 976 (1,241 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My crashes have stopped and BF5 is now working without issue.

If anyone is still having issues you can, if you want, purchase 3DMark "Advanced" benching software (30 dollars US). You can test you RT cores, video card and other hardware to see if the card passes. If it does then you will know it isn't the card.

Not sure what update or combination of the two corrected everything as Nvidia drivers and BF5 updates seem to get released at the same time. The most recent nvidia driver .91 has caused a new batch of headaches for some. There have also been problems trying to roll back to .81 as the rollback fails and people have had to reinstall much earlier nvidia updates.

I tried rolling back to .81 and the install continued to fail so I just kept uninstalling, cleaning registry. etc.. and after a couple of days .91 installed well enough to use. The one issue I have found is with .91 and G-sync. I don't use G-sync personally but BF5 will enable G-sync on its own when I open the game. It screws up Nvidia's control panel as G-sync is not selected but after a complete computer shutdown and power up G-sync enables again even though control panel G-sync is not enabled. So I have to go into Nvidia control panel, select G-sync/apply, the deselect G-sync/ apply and everything works fine until I open BF5 again. 

I make a clone of my drive on a regular basis. I failed to do so earlier however when everything BF5 went to pieces. Now I do nor enable automatic download of nvidia drivers and clone the drive before updating any drivers.

Message 563 of 976 (1,223 Views)

★ Novice

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaw! Crash crash crash again!

What have you touched today?

Message 564 of 976 (1,208 Views)

★ Novice
A new ridiculous hat?!^^
Message 565 of 976 (1,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

We have same crashs with HITMAN 2 since November 2018, both 0x80000003 and 0xc0000005. This is just the same behavior. Crash after 5/10 minutes of gameplay, or after 1 or 2 hours, it's totally random with same error codes. Hitman devs acknowledged this issue after almost 3 months in a Steam post :

https://steamcommunity.com/app/863550/discussions/0/1741106440017161777/

One thing we don't mention in the release notes is the 0x80000003 issue, we know about this, it’s tracked, conversations are ongoing internally at IOI and also with our friends at Nvidia to work towards a solution. Of course, we want to address it as soon as possible and when we have something to share, we’ll let you know.

But no mention about 0xc0000005 crash.

Main threads :

https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/hitman-2-constant-crashing-with-0x80000003/27218 (370+ posts)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/863550/discussions/0/1742226629859203445/ (800+ posts)

Last week, we found a solution to no longer crash with 0x80000003 error code and Nvidia RTX GPUs. Use DXVK to translate DX11 calls to Vulkan. This is not the best solution but it works !

https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/hitman-2-constant-crashing-with-0x80000003/27218/358

Message 566 of 976 (1,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Dear Community managers, please take note of this post:

I am a long-time fan of the Battlefield series. I have been playing Battlefield games since 2006 when I firstly started playing BF2142.

Then I have also been playing BFBC2, BF3, BF1 and now BF5.

While with the previous games I have NEVER had a single issue, with Battlefield V things are being very different.

Huge amount of bugs and glitches were ruining my experience in the first 2 months after the launch of this game (the MMG bypod deploying bug was definetely the most horrible and frustrating one) but overall I still enjoyed playing the game.

But in the last 2 weeks, after the release of the February patch, I have not been able to play the game anymore!!!! 

Every single time I try to play a MP game, the game just crash every single [Removed - CM] time!

And there is no way for me to fix this incredibly frustrating problem!

I have been using the same hardware configuration since March 2017 to today with an AMD RyZen 1700X, an NVidia GTX 1080 Ti and 16 Gb of RAM on Win 10 Pro x64, without having any kind of problem and issue into playing BF1 for 2 years and BFV since the release date up to 2 weeks ago, when this horrible problem started.

The problem started to show up after the February patch release and installation, so it is pretty obvious that the latest patch broke the game in my case.

I have tried almost everything to solve this issue, but none of the solutions that I have tried did work!!

I tried uninstalling the game and re-installing it.  Didn't work.

I tried to uninstall and re-install the NVidia graphics drivers.  Didn't work.

I tried to install older versions of the NVidia graphics drivers.  Didn't work.

I then tried to re-install Windows 10 pro x64 from scratch and to re-install BFV on the new Win 10 Pro installation.  Didn't work.

I tried to clean the Origin chache.  Didn't work.

I also tried some other tricks that I red in other threads reporting this very same issue, but absolutely NONE of them worked!

I still cannot play the game because it just keeps crushing every single time right after 5-10 minutes I enter a MP game!

This is by far the worst BF game I have ever played because of the immense amount of problems I'm continuosly experiencing with it.

But I am still a BF fan and I still love this series and I don't want to leave it!!!!

So please fix this game because I want to be able play again the game I payed the money for!!!!

Thank you.

Message 567 of 976 (1,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same problem here since the 13 February update.  Game is not stable.  All I know is that the interwebs were complaining of lod cheaters.  Supposedly  these last two patches were to fix the lod cheating.  Now I can't even run the game because it crashes after starting it up.  Latest nVidia drivers too!

Edit:  latest nVidia driver is now 22Feb, not 13 Feb.  Trying the 22 Feb driver now.

2nd edit: Win 64 Pro, build 17134.619. all latest updates

3rd edit:installed 22 Feb video drivers.  BFV still crashes.  Right after BFV updated, I got an Origin update.  I went to BF1, that needed an Origin Update.  Game updated,. now that game crashes to desktop just like BFV.  Both games updates, both also got Origin updates, now both games crash to desktop.

Ran the DXDiag.  Only thing that comes up is my sound card driver is not WHQL signed.  It's an ASAS Xonar DSX that was used prior to all the updates with no problems.  The drivers on ASUS' page are from 2015.  That's the most recent.

I've attached the DxDiag text file as asked.

Possibly Resolved:  I turned off MalwareBytes and the game ran fine.  No crashes.  With Malwarebytes running, something with the game takes exception and the game crashes.  No report from MalwareBytes regarding that it's shutting down BFV either.  I'm questioning why I'm using Malwarebytes at this time.  MalwareBytes is up to date as well.  Not too happy about this.

Message 568 of 976 (1,091 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same here

the picture stands still the sound go on and off a few seconds and then ... back to desktop

no error massage no nothing   dice  please  Standard smile

Message 569 of 976 (1,056 Views)

@PopelGott 

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the game you have trouble with.

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 570 of 976 (962 Views)