Battlefield 5 Crashing after just starting the game.

by Panda_Franchise

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 5 Keeps crashing on PC randomly

★★★★ Novice
Mine stopped but got back recently after the January patch. Ryzen 1600 and Vega 64.
Message 431 of 976 (2,504 Views)

Re: Game Keeps Crashing don't know what to do HELP!

★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry

We want a DETAILED status update - including analysis information from the DEVELOPERS - RIGHT NOW.

Get on it.

Message 432 of 976 (2,586 Views)

Re: Game Keeps Crashing don't know what to do HELP!

★★★★★ Apprentice

The patch (probably) solved it for me. I've been able to play 4 rounds in a row while I used to crash within minutes. However, I do not dare to be confident the issues are resolved for me. It may be temporarily.

In other news, it appears that a new group is facing the same issues we've already been dealing with. EA points to microsoft and microsoft to EA. Given this issue with the KernelBase is only BFV, I think we all know who we need to look at for a solution Standard smile

Message 433 of 976 (2,516 Views)

Battlefield 5 Crashing after just starting the game.

★★ Novice

This happened before, but I could at least play for a number of minutes before it crashed. Now, before even the main menu loads it will crash. And by that I mean that all I will see is the little logo loading in the top right then it crashes. Before all I had to do was install a new driver and it was fine but now this is after I just updated my drivers. And I have tried everything else. I just want to play again.

The DxDiag is attached if interested.

Message 434 of 976 (6,630 Views)

Re: Battlefield 5 Crashing after just starting the game.

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Panda_Franchise,

Sorry to hear this issue is back.

Please try these steps:

1. Run Origin and Battlefield V as Administrator

2. Clear Origin Cache: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

3. Uninstall Origin: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

4. Clean Boot: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

5. Do a clean uninstall/reinstall of the latest Drivers: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

6. Uninstall/Reinstall Battlefield V (Do this last if nothing else works)

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★★★ Expert

Hello @Panda_Franchise

You can try this solution : 

1. Windows - Start - Configuration - Updates and Security
  2. Windows Update
  3. Update History
  4. Uninstall Updates
  5. Uninstall KB4480116
  6. Reboot. 

It should solve the problem:eahigh_file:

Message 436 of 976 (6,613 Views)

★★★ Novice

After uninstalling said update game has been stable? I think it could be the culprit of these constant crashes that started out of nowhere with me as well. I mean... it's the only thing that has changed in system since crashing started. After january patch game was still stable and the day after (after this windows update) it's been crashing pretty much constantly without error message. The usual delete everything that says origin I've done, also repaired the game and all that jazz without any luck.

Message 437 of 976 (6,579 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Keeps crashing on my end also shortly after launching the game after doing both methods above. I have the latest Nvidia drivers also running a  GTX1080 card

Message 438 of 976 (6,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I was also having this problem and tried out almost everything that has been suggested with no success.

I then wondered if the problem could be related to dx12 and wanted to try dx11. Since i couldn't get into the game to change it i did it in the profile file, Documents/ Battlefield V/ settings/ PROFSAVE_Profile, open with notepad, locate "GstRender.Dx12Enabled 1" and change it to 0.

The game then started fine and i have been playing without any crash.

I prefer dx12 to dx11 in this game because it is smoother for me, dx11 has some annoying microstutter, so i hope DICE or Microsoft can fix this issue.

Message 439 of 976 (6,553 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same issue.
Message 440 of 976 (6,525 Views)