BF5 Crash Issue

by petex8989

Original Post

Re: Game Keeps Crashing don't know what to do HELP!

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Someone in another thread is saying that disabling XMP memory profiles in their BIOS is finding them able to play.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Keep-crashing-with-no-error-after-about-5-20-mins-BFV/m-p...

So... "Overclocked" RAM is a potential root cause? If so... This is BS. I didn't have this problem using XMP profiles during the Alpha or Beta.

Where the FK is EA here, BTW? I saw a "community manager" floating around SOMEWHERE. Guess he chickened out?

Message 81 of 976 (8,330 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

bump

Message 82 of 976 (8,293 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok guys, I have a tentative suggested fix I just used and seems to work. note, my results stem from a single session of Breakthrough, so take it as you will.

Previously, I tried to roll back to the last Nvidia drivers. That didn't work, but recently I started thinking about that. those updates were released 5 days before the newest ones and probably had RTX in them, so I decided to roll back to the Oct 11 drivers ( Version 416.34). 

I can happily says I have been playing the last 2 hours with no issue beyond bad teammates Standard smile

Gives this a try, and please post your results. 

Message 83 of 976 (8,277 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Not Working for me
Message 84 of 976 (8,262 Views)

BF5 Crash Issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

BF5 crashes every time I play. Usually, after 5-10 minutes of gameplay, the game crashes with almost always no error report. I did once get DirectX error, but it said that id either removed my card or the driver stopped functioning. I've tried redownloading the entire game, redownloading visual studio, edited the windows registry, uninstalled and reinstalled all my graphics drivers, and turn off the overclock I had on my GPU. So far nothing has worked. I have an 8700k and a 1070 TI so my specs are not the issue. I've talked to EA support but nothing they recommended helped. Anyone else have this problem?

Message 85 of 976 (19,704 Views)

Re: BF5 Crash Issue

★★★ Novice
I have also had the same problem! Not quite sure where to start! Never had this issue with BF1 (occasionally the audio used to cut out but nothing too serious).
Message 86 of 976 (19,689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Reverting back to 416.34 only made the game crash AS SOON as I could see the map. HARD crash. As in... My entire system cycled.

HOWEVER... Having tried literally EVERYTHING you can read in the many threads about this...

I finally tried disabling the XMP profile for my memory.

FIXED.

Are you F'ING KIDDING ME!?!? EA has made a REAL pile of SHT code this time. WOW.

There are still lots of stupid bugs in the game, though... STILL not buying it. I was stuck in the deployment screen several times - having apparently DEPLOYED - and didn't get to see myself get killed.

EA: It's called QUALITY ASSURANCE. Look INTO IT.

And, for the record, I consider NOT being able to use the XMP profiles of my very expensive memory kit to be a HUUUUUUGE bug. Completely and utterly UNACCEPTABLE.

FIX IT.

Message 87 of 976 (8,212 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As for my:
DirectX function 'Dx11Renderer::map" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) "The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. "). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti", Driver: 41694. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. Also, make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 2GB.

I managed to get an hour of game time with NO CRASH by forcing the game into DX12 mode.  Very odd since others are being told to go to DX11 mode to fix these issues.  Tentatively SOLVED for me.

Message 88 of 976 (6,956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The same here, had some problems with destiney and wow as well, where the game was stuttering some times. Was thinking because of some Maleware problem? Annyway i reinstalled my pc with a legit Windows 10 pro and a legit kaspersky security 2019, clean drivers from NVidea and my mainboard. Resetted the bios by replacing the battery, picked up my card from the mainboard and put it back in, made the PC dustfree.

It helped, the stottering does not happen in Battlefield 5 but like 10 minuts a go i was playing domination and my game just shut down. Got no error nothing. It was the first one tho, never had it in BF1 either. Got a GTX 1080, Ryzen 1600, 16GB 2933Mhz ram and a Corsair RM550x PSU . If you read the web you see a lot of problem with the 10xx cards tho.

Message 89 of 976 (19,659 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Have you tried the following?

Open up "NVIDIA Control Panel" -> from the NVIDIA Control Panel, select the "Manage3D settings" from the left column -> click on the Power management mode drop down box and select "Prefer Maximum Performance".

Seen this on GTX 1080s, another option is to disable DX12 from ingame

You can also see if disabling or reducing any overclocks are causing issues.  My friend had an issue with a RTX 2070 that was crashing until he removed all the overclocks from his GPU, CPU and Memory.

Message 90 of 976 (19,640 Views)