Re: Game Just Died

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Just Died

★★★★★ Newbie

So the day I got the game (on epic games store) A day after, I launched it, everything was great for like a month, then I left it for 1 - 2 months and I booted it when I was bored, everything was fine, but the screen turned half white, half black, frozen, moved cursor, clicked, and nothing happen, I launched from epic store AND shortcut, I didn't launch trial, yet nothing! Now I'm stuck with a broken game, I reinstall it, wait like 4 hours, N O T H I N G! Like, come on man, it's a fun game, I wanted to play it since the bad batch series came out and wanted some mods, I DID NOT DOWNLOAD ANY MODS OR ANYTHING WHEN IT CRASHED, It could be my antivirus, but I checked history, nothing, firewall does not say things are blocked, everything should have been fine but its not, do I launch the trial version if I downloaded it on epic store? Or neither?

Message 1 of 8 (655 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team
@CLT-4567 can you try to run SWBf2 as Admin, another item to test is to move the SWBF2 document folder to desktop and try to start the game again.

/Atic

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (446 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Or do I launch from origin? If I do it opens my epic store and when it crashes, origin and epic store open, confused A F

Message 2 of 8 (654 Views)

EA DICE Team

You need to open the game from EPiC games launcher @CLT-4567 can you try to do a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with SWBF2 and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 3 of 8 (570 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Sure @EA_Atic But if someone finds this, won't they know some personal stuff? Like isn't their anything that I shouldn't share? If there's some sort of private message system or something similar I can do that.

Message 4 of 8 (549 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Atic I'll try to launch from EPIC launcher.
Message 5 of 8 (547 Views)

EA DICE Team
There is no personal identifiers on it thats why we ask about it on the forums @CLT-4567

How did it go from launching from EGS?

/Atic
Message 6 of 8 (476 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue.

Message 7 of 8 (464 Views)

EA DICE Team
@CLT-4567 can you try to run SWBf2 as Admin, another item to test is to move the SWBF2 document folder to desktop and try to start the game again.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (447 Views)