Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Game Freezing and kicking back to main menu while in lobby

by NJFrags

Original Post

Highlighted

Game Freezing and kicking back to main menu while in lobby

★ Novice

So i cant seem to be in the lobby for over a minute before my game freezes kicking me back to the log in screen of apex with the error "Connection to server timed out. see ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information". i have tried just about every solution i can find anywhere online and have had no luck. In game the game runs great no crashes its only in the lobby when it happens.

fx-6300

16gb ddr3 ripjaws

msi rx 470

Message 1 of 6 (191 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Game Freezing and kicking back to main menu while in lobby

Community Manager

Seems like you are having issues with your connection @NJFrags. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Message 2 of 6 (176 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

When I get home from work I’ll see how it goes but I’m thinking it’s more of a game freezing issues considering I have no other issues playing other games and have about 100 mbs download and 70 mbs upload and my ping I believe is around 15 or so to the closest server and I am also using an Ethernet but I will post another reply and do the tests shortly. My thought is for some reason the game freezes in the lobby causing me to lose connection. 

Message 3 of 6 (170 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

It's not a connection problem. It's fx series problem with this game. I have fx6300 too and i have same issue.

Game freezes for more than 20 seconds and backs to the login screen with error message as @NJFrags says.

Only solution is stopping "windows audio endpoint" and starting "windows audio" from windows services.

But that disables your ingame mic.

Please fix this.

Message 4 of 6 (150 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I rarely use in game mic just bc of how bad it sounds anyway. If this really fixes it thank you so much!

Message 5 of 6 (144 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

That solution works for me. I hope it works for you too. 

Message 6 of 6 (95 Views)
Twitter Stream