Re: Game Freezing and kicking back to main menu while in lobby

by NJFrags

Original Post

Game Freezing and kicking back to main menu while in lobby

★ Novice

So i cant seem to be in the lobby for over a minute before my game freezes kicking me back to the log in screen of apex with the error "Connection to server timed out. see ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information". i have tried just about every solution i can find anywhere online and have had no luck. In game the game runs great no crashes its only in the lobby when it happens.

fx-6300

16gb ddr3 ripjaws

msi rx 470

Message 1 of 6 (368 Views)

Community Manager

Seems like you are having issues with your connection @NJFrags. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (339 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

When I get home from work I’ll see how it goes but I’m thinking it’s more of a game freezing issues considering I have no other issues playing other games and have about 100 mbs download and 70 mbs upload and my ping I believe is around 15 or so to the closest server and I am also using an Ethernet but I will post another reply and do the tests shortly. My thought is for some reason the game freezes in the lobby causing me to lose connection. 

Message 3 of 6 (333 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's not a connection problem. It's fx series problem with this game. I have fx6300 too and i have same issue.

Game freezes for more than 20 seconds and backs to the login screen with error message as @NJFrags says.

Only solution is stopping "windows audio endpoint" and starting "windows audio" from windows services.

But that disables your ingame mic.

Please fix this.

Message 4 of 6 (313 Views)

★ Novice

I rarely use in game mic just bc of how bad it sounds anyway. If this really fixes it thank you so much!

Message 5 of 6 (307 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That solution works for me. I hope it works for you too. 

Message 6 of 6 (258 Views)