Game Freezes at Title Screen/Menu

by shadowmaru11

Original Post

Corrupted game file

★★★ Newbie

I am begging for and answer, i am a ps4 player, I was playing a franchise game when out of no where the game crashes and becomes corrupt, I proceed to uninstall the game and redownload it,that did not work at first and I tried numerous other things, I have now gotten the game to start up but it will not move past the very first screen with mahomes on it, there is also no signs of loading like the dots that are usually there , at this point I have no idea what to do 

Message 61 of 120 (842 Views)

Madden 20 won’t load

★★★ Newbie
  • Madden 20 on PS4 is getting stuck at the Showtime! Load Screen. I have Closed App, Restarted System, and Checked for Updates. Nothing is resolving. Tried reaching out to EA and Sony, but nothing. Any suggestions or help! Thanks
Message 62 of 120 (892 Views)

Re: Game freezes at title screen PS4

Community Manager

@scott_potatoes wrote:

I was having the same problem with PS4 using wired connection. I switched it to WiFi and was able to finally get into the game.

@steven77mangum  @d_koehl 

Are you both on wired and able to get in after switching to WiFi under the PSN settings?

Blueberry.png
Message 63 of 120 (879 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@scott_potatoes wrote:

I was having the same problem with PS4 using wired connection. I switched it to WiFi and was able to finally get into the game.

@steven77mangum  @d_koehl 

Are you both on wired and able to get in after switching to WiFi under the PSN settings?

I’ll give it a shot this evening and let you know. I have been wired up until this point 

Message 64 of 120 (878 Views)

Community Manager

@d_koehl 

Keep us updated on this. I'm not saying you need to now play on a WiFi connection, but this helps us narrow down what the probable cause could be. If the game has been getting installed with the updates on one connection type, perhaps uninstall the game and reinstall on WiFi to see if we can get around it that way.

Blueberry.png
Message 65 of 120 (862 Views)

★★★★ Novice

is there a way to get my 90$ back, its * * i bought this game a week ago and have only gotten 3 hours of play time cause the piece of crap wont load ever.

Message 66 of 120 (852 Views)

Community Manager

@XanderDunn 

Thank you for hanging in there for us. Please let me know if these steps help fix it for you.

1. Visit Help.EA.com and make sure you are signed out.
  2. Then, sign back in using your PSN credentials using the PlayStation icon at the bottom of the log in screen.
  3. Once that's done, please visit Profile.EA.com and check to see if your email address has been verified. 
  4. Power cycle your console and internet. (unplug the modem and router for 5-10 minutes)
    1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
    2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

I'm concerned the game is freezing at the title screen because it's attempting to pull EA account data. Others have been able to get passed the title screen after disconnecting from the internet so there appears to be some correlation with pulling EA account data.

Blueberry.png
Message 67 of 120 (813 Views)

Why is

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? jtico19
Date/time issue occurred August 9, around 11 A.M
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Play Now
Summarize your bug I am stuck at the loading screen. It loads half way then fades to black and it does not load me in, so I am stuck at the main loading screen before I can even view any of the game modes
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea but it needs to be fixed
What happens when the bug occurs? It just continues In an endless load
What do you expect to see? To let me play again or a refund
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Message 68 of 120 (722 Views)

Why is

★★★ Novice

Date/time issue occurred August 9, around 11 A.M.
Summarize your bug I am stuck at the loading screen. It loads half way then fades to black and it does not load me in, so I am stuck at the main loading screen before I can even view any of the game modes
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea but it needs to be fixed

Date/time issue occurred August 9, around 11 A.M.

Message 69 of 120 (719 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry did all that and no luck, so i thought with everything reset id try deleting and reinstalling the game. sure enough just like last time it worked until the update file is downloaded(1.07) tried this a few times and each time noticed as the update was downloading right from the beginning it says 1 download 1 error, but it finishes downloading but maybe that error has something to do with it. but its definitly the update thats screwing me over.
Message 70 of 120 (787 Views)