Game Freezes at Title Screen/Menu

by shadowmaru11

Original Post

Re: Game gets stuck at initial launch

★★★ Novice

I'm having this same issue and no has responded for you nor me!

Message 21 of 120 (1,463 Views)

Re: Game freezes at title screen PS4

★★★ Novice

Did anyone find a solution besides letting the game remain in this frozen state for an hr? Just incase that doesn't solve it for me. 

Message 22 of 120 (1,464 Views)

Re: Freezing on startup

Community Manager

@StatikFlash 

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I've seen some others report an issue with the PS4 recording feature. Have you tried disabling that through the PS4 settings to see if it helps get around the blocked recording message?

If you haven't attempted a power cycle lately, this step can help with performance issues like crashing/freezing:

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 23 of 120 (1,535 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've also disabled the notifications but the screen still greys out. I will also try a power cycle, but what if that doesn't work? 

Message 24 of 120 (1,529 Views)

Community Manager

@StatikFlash 

Do you have a 2nd controller plugged in that's charging? Please keep us updated and we'll do our best to troubleshoot with you, however if you need immediate 1:1 troubleshooting our Live-Support team is available for live-chat and phone support 24/7. We want to make sure you can jump into the game at launch.

Blueberry.png
Message 25 of 120 (1,520 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have you been able to fix the problem yet? I feel like I’ve been trying everything to get it to work but nothing has worked. This is extremely frustrating. 

Message 26 of 120 (1,495 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same issue on my Xbox One X. I also purchased the Ultimate Superstar Edition and I have been having this issue since launch. It sucks to watch all of your friends on your friends list play the game. My game continues to reset back to the dashboard/home screen after reaching the Madden 20 Pat Mahomes loading screen. I've tried everything except for deleting my saved data permanently. I do not want to lose all of my stuff that I earned during my ten-hour trial period.

Message 27 of 120 (1,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

I’ve restored licenses and restarted my PS4 how you instructed , holding the button down for 7 seconds and then turning it on after 1 minute. Madden is still frozen. After the patch of 1.06 the video cinematic keeps playing but the screen is still greyed out and the bar is stuck at half full.

Message 28 of 120 (1,469 Views)

Community Manager

@StatikFlash 

I tried searching for specific reports around the game freezing at the title screen on PS4 and so far we've only seen the reports in this post. I wasn't able to find any in the other Madden forums or Madden subreddits. 

I'm concerned this could be hardware related in which I'd advise checking to make sure you have the latest PS4 software update, reset PS4 settings to default, enable boost mode, replug in all power cables to the PS4, power cycle again, and make sure the PS4 is well ventilated without an dust.

There is also a possibility it could be account related where it's attempting to link up to our servers. Let's try this:

• Visit Help.EA.com and make sure you are signed out. 
  • Select login and sign in using the PlayStation icon at the login screen. Login with your PS4 credentials so it syncs your PS4 account to the EA servers.
  • Once signed in, load up Madden 20 and see if it gets you passed the screen.

Let me know if that helps. If not, our Live-Support team is available 24/7 to help pull up your account and dive into deeper technical troubleshooting. It's unfortunate to hear this is happening to your game and we'll make sure the team is aware of these reports being posted on the forums. 

Blueberry.png
Message 29 of 120 (1,470 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

So I did the following:

1) checked to make sure I had the latest PS4 software, which I did.

2) I reset PS4 settings to default

3) can't do boost mode because this is not a pro

4) replug in all power cables to the PS4, power cycle again, and make sure the PS4 is well ventilated without an dust

5) Logged out of Help.EA.com

6) Logged back in using PS icon and PS4 credentials

It is still not working and I am having the same issue. 

Message 30 of 120 (1,462 Views)