Re: Game Freeze

by Hekutoru

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Freeze/Crash since 18/10/22

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Played a few hours ago and everyting worked fine.

Now it just freezes and it seemed like a few more I played with hade the same issue...

Mid game just freeze and then restart.

A new "feature" from EA/DICE :-)

Message 1 of 1,031 (17,812 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

We are seeing positive signs that the reported scenarios of freezing for PC players have now been resolved.

As such, this issue is now classed as being closed.

If you keep seeing Freezing issues please post below. 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 995 of 1,031 (7,237 Views)

All Replies

random freezes since 18/10/22

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Product: Battlefield 2042
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 3060 ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? discord
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Rush
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? any type
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18/10/22 since about 16:00 GMT+2
Summarize your bug While I am playing normally the game suddenly freezes and the fans of my GPU slow down as if there is no game running
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Due to the random nature of this bug I do not know how to replicate it The last time it happened I was holding the button to check the scoreboard, at other times I was just walking forward. Maybe it has to do with pressing a button down for too long?
What happens when the bug occurs? The game Freezes and I have to forcefully turn off the client
What should be happening instead? the game should not be freezing

The only thing that changed from my side is that my PC is plugged on a new and better UPS power supply than before.

So far it happened like 4-5 times at various situation including before loading the main menu

Message 2 of 1,031 (17,360 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

same here ... Don't get it how broken a AAA game can be.

To me it looks like the game has been programmed with so manny issues combined to a maze where the devs don't know what they are doing most of the time. Change one bug and add 10 new features.

Greetings

Message 3 of 1,031 (17,786 Views)

★ Expert
@TheGiiant
Me too. Constant crashes. Played together with 10 friends today and we even had the issue that two of us suddenly dropped from >100FPS to around 20 FPS and then (after approx 1 minute crashed) -- and we were playing on DIFFERENT SERVERS!

I guess I had a maximum of say 4 crashes since the game released (with rank S80, not sure how many hours I played) and today I had 6 crashes. It's not my system as I did not change anything and many others out of my clan had the same issues today. Something was broken by Dice -- which is strange, given that there was no update today.
Message 4 of 1,031 (17,774 Views)

Re: random freezes since 18/10/22

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@UP_Hawxxeye

The same for us. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Game-Freeze/m-p/11959088/highlight/true#M33799

I can say it's not the GPU driver as both users with Nvidia as well as AMD had the same problem tonight. After the 6th crash I had enough.

Out of my party of 10 players at least 5 had crashes. This is definitely NOT on our end. Strange as there was no game update today. Maybe something was updated silently (EAC maybe?)

Message 5 of 1,031 (17,349 Views)

★ Apprentice

Mee too. My Game freeze on loading screen.

Message 6 of 1,031 (17,737 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Same here, yesterday I had a couple of frezees, but today every 2 games, the game stops and I need to alt F$. Verified files twice.. but no help at all

Message 7 of 1,031 (17,714 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here. Played with 3 friends, it crashed for every single one at least once.

Message 8 of 1,031 (17,695 Views)

Re: random freezes since 18/10/22

★★ Expert
@DuaneDibbley Can confirm, the same issue. I was trying to load into the game and it crashed at the opening screen. Guys I play with regularly have had the same issue, random crashes.
Message 9 of 1,031 (17,295 Views)

★★ Expert
@TheGiiant Crashed on opening the game, just completely froze. Others I play with have said they have frozen randomly during the game.
Message 10 of 1,031 (17,652 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help