Game Entering Blue Cinematic Screen Upon Startup - BF5

by yodasnowXT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Entering Blue Cinematic Screen Upon Startup - BF5

★ Novice

Hello to anyone reading this,

I have spent over 3 hours trying to get my Battlefield 5 to work. My error is the one where you launch the game, but don't get the regular loading screen and instead go into the logos and end in the everlasting cinematic screens (see attached file). I have tried almost everything and have finally resorted to making this post. I have tried: repairing, reinstalling, updating graphics drivers (Radeon R9 390X graphics card), clean boot and some other things.

If anyone has any ideas to try, I am willing to try anything. I have spent some time in the game playing with some friends and it is really fun, but it just makes the experience dreadful when I relaunch the game 20 times and it finally boots properly (yes sometimes it boots correctly but very rarely)

Thanks so much

Message 1 of 6 (488 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Entering Blue Cinematic Screen Upon Startup - BF5

EA DICE Team

Could be a connection time out, what internet provider are you using and are you on wifi or cabled? 

Try our connective troubleshooting guide and see if that helps: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

/Atic

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (367 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@yodasnowXT Hello,

Could you please try to delete Twinkle folder in My Documents>>Battlefield V folder? This will delete UI settings and restore them. Also, if you use Origin in-game overlay, Discord overlay please disable them in application settings and if you also use Teamviewer completely close it.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 6 (432 Views)

★ Novice

@IIPrest0nII Thanks so much for the reply,

I have previously disabled the overlays (forgot to add) but never have tried deleting the Twinkle folder. Unfortunately it did not work and still has the same weird loading screen. Any other ideas?

Message 3 of 6 (425 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @yodasnowXT , can you turn off cloud saves for Battlefield 5 and then remove the entire document folder for BFV and see if that helps. Standard smile 

If that don't help try updating the drivers for your GPU. Standard smile 

Let me know how that works out. 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 6 (382 Views)

★ Novice
Unfortunately, it did not work (did not do the drivers as I previously uninstalled and then reinstalled them trying to fix it a while ago). Any other ideas? @EA_Atic
Message 5 of 6 (377 Views)

EA DICE Team

Could be a connection time out, what internet provider are you using and are you on wifi or cabled? 

Try our connective troubleshooting guide and see if that helps: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

/Atic

Message 6 of 6 (368 Views)